Deadlift Socks?

XTrainer

Red Belt
Reaction score
Are they made specially (so they don't tear up)? Or do any tall socks (like soccer socks) work? I'm cleaning or deadlifting almost daily and the bruises are adding up. I don't mind them, and they look hardcore, but it can't be healthy to bruise yourself in the same places so often.

I just wear long socks, didn't know they made special ones

Get some Adidas soccer socks. They are great to pull in and they go up to the thigh! Any excuse to wear thigh high socks is something worth doing...

I wear soccer socks. They won't prevent bruises, just most cuts/scrapes.

Some people wear shin guards.

I wear soccer socks. They won't prevent bruises, just most cuts/scrapes.

Some people wear shin guards.

They look cool as hell though. Shin guards are too foofy. Get soccer socks and be like Tommy Fannon (first guy I saw pull in soccer socks a long time ago)

I wear socer socks, but they only come up to right below my kneecap

Wouldn't the bruising eventually condition the shins to becoming stronger?

Could be useful for your hapkido, XT.

Wouldn't the bruising eventually condition the shins to becoming stronger?

Could be useful for your hapkido, XT.

My shins were already about as tough/numb to pain as possible BEFORE hapkido from years of soccer. Honestly, I don't really feel it when I cut/bruise/scrape my shins, but when I look down and see the damage, I just feel like I ought to do something about it.

This girl loves the soccer socks. Besides, I can get them at the outlet mall here for like $2. Nice.

Also, at the last meet I was at, I saw this woman using athletic tape on her shins... but you probably have hairy legs and that could be disastrous. Well, just what I've seen.

And yes, shin guards are ghey.

^yeah, seeing as I'm trying to PREVENT excessive damage, tape would be pretty counterproductive.

Can't you just cut open the ends on a pair of tube socks and then pull those up around your shins?

leg_warmer_shoes.jpg

I like Revok's idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back