Deadlift form Question

Yes Monger, that is what I was asking about.

Thanks for all the info. guys.

Going down far is just fine, shit, guys do them off platforms so they can get crazy ROM and not touch the floor.

That would be me. alot of people also find just raising your toes to helps to improve the movement even more so.

Well everyones pretty much said everything already but I always looked at them as the same motion as a good morning with the weight loaded differently. Its a horizontal movement with your hips going back and forward which brings your torso down and up.

I never had problems with flexibility on DL. My issue was glute activation. Make sure your glutes are firing (i.e. you squeeze your butt) when you pop your hips forward.

For stretches stretch dynamically before you lift (leg swings front to back and side to side until you reach full ROM should help with hip flexibility) and do static stretching maybe 1-2 hours after you work out. Hold static stretches just beneath the pain threshhold (where it starts to hurt) for 15 seconds. Not sure which static stretches to recommend here, maybe good morning hamstring stretch.

Back