Deadlift form check

5) Your a strong bastard who looks like he's 24 years old in that "Elizabeth Taylor" lighting. Good work.
I once had my photographer show up for a photo shoot without his "Elizabeth Taylor" filter. I beat him to death with an EZ-curl bar. Good lighting is important.

Too young to have old_man for an SN.
I would read the forums in 2004 and 2005 before I had an account, and compared to most people posting on Sherdog I was old in years and also in amount of time I had been into martial arts. So it seemed like a good screen name. I have always looked young. It sucks when you are 20 and people think you are 15, but when you are 43 it is good. I got carded regularly into my 30s, but it doesn't happen anymore.

Drop your ass more at the start, lean back a bit, and try to lift with your legs and back at the same time, as opposed to ass-up-back-up like you're doin' now.
But if I lift with my legs, I won't be able to lift as much weight...since my legs are the weakest muscles in my body.

Yeah, this seems to be the biggest problem in my form. I am going to work on it. I think I used to be better at this, but somewhere along the way I forgot about it.

I don't think I can add any comments because my deadlift is ghey.

Switch to Barbara Walters light filter. It's a little softer.

Your form stinks of racism.
Ha ha. Can't we just get along? I think if you would invite me to one of your parties we could work it out.

kkkcircle.jpg

But if I lift with my legs, I won't be able to lift as much weight...since my legs are the weakest muscles in my body.

Yeah, this seems to be the biggest problem in my form. I am going to work on it. I think I used to be better at this, but somewhere along the way I forgot about it.

Ahh, but when you get your legs used to it, they'll get stronger as well, and you'll pull 405 in no time.

Front squat like your life depends on it.

^^^ I had always wondered about that myself.

How big a breath should you take? I've been trying to keep my core as tight as possible so if I take a breath it's a short, sharp inhalation.

Everyone in this thread is doing it wrong.

Everyone in this thread is doing it wrong.

Just start deadlifting like this. Problem solved.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5tOxtGCrx4s&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5tOxtGCrx4s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Think of it like your romanian or stiff-leg DL's. You take a pretty good-sized breath in at the top, and bear down (Valsalva), before your rep, right? Do the same thing on your regular deads.

Edit: just saw Bort's thread, question retracted.

double overhand grip should help keep your posture better.

not gonna lie... aweful form... you are putting alot of unnecessary strain on your lower back...

i have 4 peices of advice for you.

1st look up... if you are in front of a mirror dont watch yourself look directly above the mirror, this will help you with...

step 2 keep your chest up, this will force your back to stay straight through the whole lift.

step 3, DONT PULL. the deadlift is not a pull despite popular belief... there should be no pulling happening. instead hold on to the bar tightly, and instead of pulling the bar off the foor PUSH your feet through the floor.

and finally WEAR A BELT! it doesn't make you look like a sissy... its just smart.

Back