Deadliest Catch (Discovery Channel)

It was a great show the first few seasons.

Now it's more like a made-for-TV reality bullshit show.

I really liked the early seasons though. I DVR'd every episode.
And yeah, D Train, Northwestern. All day All day.

My thoughts exactly. Watched the early seasons religiously and can't even watch an episode now.

Filmed in my back yard. I used to see these dudes sitting around he bar and getting hammered.

Majority of Commercial fisherman are pretty fucking rough. A lot hardcore drug use and alcoholism amongst the profession. Guys go out and make 20-40K over 6-8 weeks only to come home and blow it at the bar or car lot. They end up broke in a few months and end up going back out for a different fishing season, crabbing, etc.

I had a few friends in grade school whos dads were commercial fisherman AND responsible human beings. Although they were gone for months at a time, their family was always well taken care of and had all the trappings of upper middle middle class blue collar life.

Yeah, but the show has become pretty damn bleak this season. I thought the show ended last season since it seemed to be such a long time from that season to this one.

The show isn't the same without Phil unfortunately. Haven't watched the last 2 seasons though

I drank with several of those guys at The Great Alaskan Bush Company. They bought drinks all night for just about everyone.

I watched until Phil Harris died. The new guys (Wild Bill, Junior and the other guy) sucked. Loved Jonathan though.

Yeah I haven't watched since the season after Phil died.

I see the boats from time to time in AK and Seattle. Crabbing is a tough lifestyle. You can still make a good living, but its a lot more work then people see on TV. The fleet is aging, and new boats are not being built, so they need constant maintenance. All these boats also tender all summer, and a few fish for cod. It's not the 80s where they would fish derby kings for 5 days and a month of snow crab and make 200k.

130826255322013328608301197_711SavageFreddy.jpg

That's a crazy picture.

Started this over again. So I can catch up with the last 5 season's.

I don't understand all the hate the later seasons get. It's the same dangerous job every year.

Also Mike Rowes voice sounds like warm butter. I want to spread it on my mattress and lay on it. (No Homo)

I still watch it. Too bad the Time Bandit quit.
Don't like the wizard, Sig is the man.

Edit : 5 year old thread wtf

Been watching it every year from the start. Gets me jazzed for the summer. Seems like much more accidents this season compared to the previous.

Met a guy that used to fish on Alaskan crab boats and he said he knew plenty of guys that died. Said he watched a guy fall overboard and there was nothing you could do. Deadliest Catch is lucky they haven't had a death on board yet. *knocks on wood*

I thought Jonathan Hilstrand was coming out of retirement? Anyone notice Edgar hasn't been on the show this season? lol fucking pedo.

I like the show. Wild Bill is my favorite. I like Monty Keiths brother. Cornelia Marie with Josh and Casey is dope also.

Man I can't imagine the amount of booze, meth some of these guys get away with though. It has to be part of the gig.

I still watch it. Too bad the Time Bandit quit.
Don't like the wizard, Sig is the man.

Edit : 5 year old thread wtf
I didn't feel the need to create a brand new one when this one was already here.

Back