Dead Orchard

It's a good move. The "high body triangle" has been reinvented a few times. Used by some top new grapplers like Dominyka Obelenyte. Even in 10th planet Sean Bollinger created the "double arm triangle" which is the same as dead orchard. Of course as a choke it's not really the greatest, it's the control it affords you. Armbars from it are a piece of cake for instance. So are gift wraps etc

Last edited:
I can't access youtube from work or else I would have posted the vid, but would Big Nog's armbar on Mark Coleman in Pride be considered a dead orchard?

I can't access youtube from work or else I would have posted the vid, but would Big Nog's armbar on Mark Coleman in Pride be considered a dead orchard?

Yes, Nathan Orchard used Eddie Bravo's time machine to teach Big Nog the Tenth Planet system.

Best position to be popularized by10th planet IMO.

Yes, Nathan Orchard used Eddie Bravo's time machine to teach Big Nog the Tenth Planet system.

Obviously, I'm not saying that Big Nog learned the dead orchard from the 10th Planet guys. I'm just asking if the armbar he applied is what we would call a dead orchard today

Obviously, I'm not saying that Big Nog learned the dead orchard from the 10th Planet guys. I'm just asking if the armbar he applied is what we would call a dead orchard today

I kid because I care. I don't think it's the Dead Orchard/high body triangle. I have Nog's book in front of me, and the move he demos as the Coleman beating armbar is just the regular triangle-armbar.

EDIT: Here's the video, regular triangle-armbar.

[YT]kXEy9SkTyWg[/YT]

Last edited:
I kid because I care. I don't think it's the Dead Orchard/high body triangle. I have Nog's book in front of me, and the move he demos as the Coleman beating armbar is just the regular triangle-armbar.

Ok, that's what I thought also. I was just going off of my memory.

LMAO. Don't listen to GZA. No, Nog's triangle didn't have both arms in.

nope. that's what is called an arm bar from full guard.
now I look silly because you've deleated your video :)

Last edited:
Or, u could go back to the aussie IT guy tapping Jeremy horn way back.............

Or, Saunders using that position to win a fight he was dominated from by striking from his back

Back