Rumored De La Hoya vs Maidana in the works for DAZN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/sources...ack-maidana-emerges-possible-opponent--153063

Maidana’s representative, Grant Elvis Phillips, the experienced manager and the owner of boxing glove maker Grant Worldwide, has in the past few weeks spoken to Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez about the possibility of the bout, sources with knowledge of the conversations told BoxingScene.com.

“The rumors are true, and I’m going to start sparring in the next few weeks,” De La Hoya told ESPN in August. Later in August, De La Hoya told BoxingScene that he wanted to fight a “real opponent. I need a top guy.”

Wow. Delahoya is delusional if he thinks that anyone wants to see this fight. Or any fight involving him for that matter.
And DAZN is crazy if they think this is the type of fight that subscribers want to see.

Instead of throwing money away at garbage like this, they should fatten their budget up for the cards that they put on so that they don't have to fill them up with mismatches like Hrgovic - Booker & Zhang - Vargas on tomorrow's Haney - Gamboa card. At this stage, both Hrgovic & Zhang should be fighting live bodies not facing journeymen opponents with no chance of winning. So, DAZN should have fattened up the budget to allow for a better class of opponents for both men.

It makes sense now, this whole time De La Hoya is doing dazn a solid favor because they knew Canelo was walking out, I just Hopkins doesn’t follow suit.

Wow. Delahoya is delusional if he thinks that anyone wants to see this fight. Or any fight involving him for that matter.
And DAZN is crazy if they think this is the type of fight that subscribers want to see.

Instead of throwing money away at garbage like this, they should fatten their budget up for the cards that they put on so that they don't have to fill them up with mismatches like Hrgovic - Booker & Zhang - Vargas on tomorrow's Haney - Gamboa card. At this stage, both Hrgovic & Zhang should be fighting live bodies not facing journeymen opponents with no chance of winning. So, DAZN should have fattened up the budget to allow for a better class of opponents for both men.

I agree with you. But I would bet my one working testicle that that fight would out do about any other mdighr that can realistically be made. Will it make more money than the charlo brothers ppv. absolutely.
As bizarre as this matchup is its going to do as well as any dazn fight this year.
Oscar has debts. And he’s going to risk his health to pay it off which if he doesn’t die the entire boxing game is better for it. Even if he does die..

for the standards of fights we get in the last 15 years. This is a good money making fight for boxing.
I’ll definitely watch it. As I’m aware the fight has no implications of standings in a weight class to get a trinket title.

it’s a fun fight. Promotions are feeding us garbage that a fucking Delahoya fight in 2020. Is an appealing fight to pay for.

Pbc. Top rank. All of the English promoters play games and you don’t get to ever see the best vs. the best. On in a promotion.

so at least this show had some intrigue. It’s just a fun fight. And speaks to the state of the boxing game and how promoters can’t put the best fighters against each other.

so I’ll take a 50 year old de lahoya and 40 year old maidana over the byllshit fights we are fed for mandatories and other farces like that.

It’s a fun fight. It’s good for boxing as eyes will be on it. Fun fights are fun fights and this is one of those fights.

you don’t view it as title implications. It’s just entertainment and as pathetic as it seems. One of the top 20 matchups of the year. As pathetic as it sounds it’s the truth.

I’m no business man or promoter but I feel dazn went all in on Canelo with hopes of either becoming the #1 boxing broadcaster or getting Mexican fans to subscribe in large numbers, they’ve built themselves up now they have to own up and this is the result, ive always said they should have forked up the money for Mexican soccer and La Liga games in the US instead, it may not be too late buy it seems like they’ve dug themselves a hole, at least here in the US, from what I read they’re doing quite well in other countries and it’s mainly because they broadcast a lot more soccer games than in the US.

Well if GBP got devalued to maybe a quarter of its value because Canelo left, what is Oscar supposed to do?

At least if this fight happens (I doubt it will), GBP may take in a solid 8 figures in profit.

I’m no business man or promoter but I feel dazn went all in on Canelo with hopes of either becoming the #1 boxing broadcaster or getting Mexican fans to subscribe in large numbers, they’ve built themselves up now they have to own up and this is the result, ive always said they should have forked up the money for Mexican soccer and La Liga games in the US instead, it may not be too late buy it seems like they’ve dug themselves a hole, at least here in the US, from what I read they’re doing quite well in other countries and it’s mainly because they broadcast a lot more soccer games than in the US.
La Liga would have been a great idea. I think we had it here in Canada for a season or two but DAZN lost La Liga around the time they got the EPL. It’s still a good buy for soccer fans.

DAZN frustrates me. They just don’t seem to get boxing. Whenever they take a step forward and show something we want to watch, they follow it with a giant leap backward. You’re right, no one wants this shit and no one is subscribing for it.

Oscars got to lay off the blow lol how old is he now?

DAZN is quickly becoming trash. This is embarrassing.

I will be a customer but not without guilt or shame..

Boxing needs to get its shit together, unbeaten records often means shit fights. At least this has a morbid interest value.

If there is no drug testing and Oscar is coked up hes a live dog. Especially if Chino is still severally out of shape....
But I think he was back in shape last time i saw news of his comeback.

My real bet is Oscar enters rehab before fight camp gets too far along....

If there is no drug testing and Oscar is coked up hes a live dog. Especially if Chino is still severally out of shape....
But I think he was back in shape last time i saw news of his comeback.

My real bet is Oscar enters rehab before fight camp gets too far along....
Remember when he bailed after giving Canelo the imaginary blueprint to beat May<45>

Back