Crime De’Von Bailey police shooting. Edit: settlement of 3 million reached.

That would certainly change the dynamic....release the tapes!

If they have tapes where the officers declare that he has a gun before the shooting, it will help the officers tremendously. I hope for the officers' sake this is the case. Otherwise they could be in trouble for killing a man that appears to have been a scumbag.

I disagree.
I think a suspect should have to fire a shot or at least threaten to use the gun on someone else before lethal force is used against him. Running away with it, with the potential to use it later isn’t enough IMO.
We shouldn’t be executing people who could potentially hurt someone else, it should be a situation where they are likely to hurt someone else.

If you just committed an armed felony, then you have already displayed that you are a dangerous threat to the public.

If the cops didn't shoot him when they did, and he managed to get into a shootout with the cops or kill a citizen, then people woudl be complaining that the cops should have taken care of him when they had the chance.

You simply cannot take that risk with an armed suspect.

I get what you’re saying, and that’s a valid point. If they were 100% positive this was the guy who just did the armed robbery and there’s a reason to think he’s going to shoot somebody else, then maybe it’s justified.
But wasn’t he just a guy who “fit the description” at the point the cops shot him?

If you just committed an armed felony, then you have already displayed that you are a dangerous threat to the public.

If the cops didn't shoot him when they did, and he managed to get into a shootout with the cops or kill a citizen, then people woudl be complaining that the cops should have taken care of him when they had the chance.

You simply cannot take that risk with an armed suspect.

I get what you’re saying, and that’s a valid point. If they were 100% positive this was the guy who just did the armed robbery and there’s a reason to think he’s going to shoot somebody else, then maybe it’s justified.
But wasn’t he just a guy who “fit the description” at the point the cops shot him?

He was an armed and dangerous SUSPECT(key word) who was fleeing. It's impossible for the police to know for certain(if they are going on reports), but given the stakes, they don't take any chances...nor should they. The potential for danger to the public, far outweighs them just letting him go, and taking a chance that he's not a violent lunatic that will commit further crimes.

Hot Tip: Don't run from the police if they're looking to apprehend you.

i blame the parents. he would have been an outstanding citizen if they only gave him a proper name

I agree this guy was a stupid motherfucker, and society is probably better off with people like him culled from the gene pool.
I just don’t think cops should be gunning down stupid motherfuckers without an immediate threat to themselves or others.

He was an armed and dangerous SUSPECT(key word) who was fleeing. It's impossible for the police to know for certain(if they are going on reports), but given the stakes, they don't take any chances...nor should they. The potential for danger to the public, far outweighs them just letting him go, and taking a chance that he's not a violent lunatic that will commit further crimes.

Hot Tip: Don't run from the police if they're looking to apprehend you.

They shoudln't have shot this kid. No reason to shoot anyone in the back.

They shoudln't have shot this kid. No reason to shoot anyone in the back.

If someone is running towards your wife(or husband) with a knife, and you have a gun, are you going to wait until they stab your significant other to determine if they were a threat or not?

Funny how some people think that the cops should be issued over-sized butterfly nets to try and catch armed suspects who run from them.

From what I gathered, the police were only stopping to people that fit the description. At this point they cant be sure they committed a crime. The police also do not know if he had a gun at this point. If they never saw him with a gun, they can not call him a threat so shooting him in the back would be a bad shooting.

The most recent article I read stated that the victim named him as the one who robbed him with a gun. Police also stated that he displayed a firearm before running. The body cams should show more, but they do not always pick up everything the officers see and experience.

The police will release the body cams when the county is finished with the investigation. They seem pretty confident to me.

Is that a gun in his hand? Why do people give a shit about these fucking criminals? Looks like he’s flaling his arm around with a loaded gun and could be preparing to turn around and shoot it out. Fuck him.

People seem to be coming to very strong definitive conclusions without much of the evidence required to make those conclusions.

You have to know whether the guy who was
shot displayed his gun. You absolutely have to know. If he displayed his gun to the police, that goes a long way to justifying the shooting. If the police had no evidence that he had a gun, and they simply shot a fleeing suspect (suspects are guilty of nothing, they are just suspects) in the back, then it would obviously be a terrible shoot.

I see some strange comments being made about how police can and should kill suspects of violent crime, because if they run they are a threat. That seems to misunderstand what a suspect is. I could call the police right now and tell them that any of you guys just committed armed robbery, and when they showed up you’d be a suspect. If one of you had some weed and tried to run, you should not be shot dead in the back for that. Running from police, in and of itself, is absolutely not an offense worthy of a killing. At that point, you wouldn’t necessarily even know they considered you a suspect of violence.

If you flashed a gun at the police, then ran, then it changes the whole story.

We’ll know eventually what the case what her. Body cams should explain a lot.

People seem to be coming to very strong definitive conclusions without much of the evidence required to make those conclusions.

You have to know whether the guy who was
shot displayed his gun. You absolutely have to know. If he displayed his gun to the police, that goes a long way to justifying the shooting. If the police had no evidence that he had a gun, and they simply shot a fleeing suspect (suspects are guilty of nothing, they are just suspects) in the back, then it would obviously be a terrible shoot.

I see some strange comments being made about how police can and should kill suspects of violent crime, because if they run they are a threat. That seems to misunderstand what a suspect is. I could call the police right now and tell them that any of you guys just committed armed robbery, and when they showed up you’d be a suspect. If one of you had some weed and tried to run, you should not be shot dead in the back for that. Running from police, in and of itself, is absolutely not an offense worthy of a killing. At that point, you wouldn’t necessarily even know they considered you a suspect of violence.

If you flashed a gun at the police, then ran, then it changes the whole story.

We’ll know eventually what the case what her. Body cams should explain a lot.

That's all a nice fantasy, but the fact of the matter is, people can fuck with your life by falsifying police reports. The police are not omnipotent beings. They respond to reports. People have been shot and killed on false SWAT raids. They draw their weapons on suspects of violent crimes, whether they are actually the perp or not. It happens, which is why when the police show up to get in contact with you, you do what they tell you. You certainly don't run, because you don't know what they are responding to, and what they may suspect you of doing. You cooperate, and let the process sort itself out.

Don't run from the police. It's really not a hard concept.

Sexual assault on a child, shit I say smoke his ass

Amazing how all these white kids commit mass murder and almost every one is apprehended without incident. Yet a black man hurts nobody, is running, and they have no choice but to execute him. America gonna America

Amazing how all these white kids commit mass murder and almost every one is apprehended without incident. Yet a black man hurts nobody, is running, and they have no choice but to execute him. America gonna America
Trolls gonna troll.

shooting video released. Please note this is pretty graphic before you watch it.

shooting video released. Please note this is pretty graphic before you watch it.

At around 11:10 the dude starts running away from the police and starts trying to grab at something in his waistband with both hands. 11:53 gun was found in the suspects pants

He never pulled the gun from his waistband but you could see how it looked like he was reaching for it. That’s a rough one.
I think the officers should need to actually see a weapon aimed in their direction before an execution is justified.
Stupid motherfucker shouldn’t have run though.

Back