Movies James Gunn's SUPERMAN (Logo Revealed, post #596)

Would be nice to see someone do the Death of Superman the right way this time.
Yes! With the REAL fucking Doomsday. He's 100% CGI so there's no excuse why they made him a ninja turtle, and totally butchered the DoS story.

Anyway, my favorite Superman (actor) is Brandon Routh. In terms of look, I don't think there's ever been a more perfect actor in the role ever. It's too bad his movie was kind of meh.

I may be in a minority here, but I actually thought Brightburn was a good movie. Evil Superman is always fun to watch, and at just over 90 minutes, the movie didn't outstay it's welcome.
I loved Brightburn. I was rooting for the kid the entire time. :D

Btw, where the hell is the sequel?!

I don't think the film made enough to green light a sequel, unfortunately.

I don't think the film made enough to green light a sequel, unfortunately.
The sequel was talked about and considered at one point, but my understanding is also that lack of funding and projected revenue make it unlikely to happen.

The kid who played him is an adult male now though at 19, so he is at the right age to play the character as an adult. He would probably need to hit the weights to make it work (if the opportunity were there).

It’s really a shame about Cavill, he was perfect for the role. I just hope James Gunn understands the character better then Snyder did.

It’s really a shame about Cavill, he was perfect for the role. I just hope James Gunn understands the character better then Snyder did.
James Gunn cancelled a Batman Beyond project that would resurrect Michael Keaton's Batman. He clearly doesn't understand shit.

James Gunn cancelled a Batman Beyond project that would resurrect Michael Keaton's Batman. He clearly doesn't understand shit.
I don’t agree with that decision either but It probably has more to do with him wanting to cut ties with the old regime and start from scratch then his lack of understanding characters. But this has yet to be seen

I don’t agree with that decision either but It probably has more to do with him wanting to cut ties with the old regime and start from scratch then his lack of understanding characters. But this has yet to be seen
I suspect a well-resourced Michael Keaton Batman Beyond film would draw several hundreds of millions at the box office and give Gunn the momentum to complete the projects he wants. I don't see any good reason for him to have cancelled that project.

I suspect a well-resourced Michael Keaton Batman Beyond film would draw several hundreds of millions at the box office and give Gunn the momentum to complete the projects he wants. I don't see any good reason for him to have cancelled that project.

I think altering the project rather than cancelling would have been a good idea. They could make Keaton the Nick Fury of the DCU, going back through time (and alternating universes) to put teams together to fight this or that…

GREEN LANTERN: James Gunn Debunks Rumor That Planned HBO Max Series Has Been Scrapped
198552.jpg

A recent rumor indicated that the HBO Max Green Lantern series may no longer be moving forward, but DC Studios co-head James Gunn has now taken to Twitter to debunk the report...
The recent axing of Batgirl led to concerns that other upcoming DC Comics-based HBO Max projects could suffer the same fate under Warner Bros. Discovery's David Zaslav, and even though we were assured that the Green Lantern series was safe, a new rumor doing the rounds online is claiming otherwise.

According to usually reliable scooper Daniel Richtman, the show has been scrapped for unknown reasons, but he adds that new DC Studios co-CEO James Gunn has plans for a movie featuring the ring-slinging hero.

Gunn has now taken to Twitter to respond to CBR's coverage of the rumor with a single word: "Fake."
While this would obviously appear to debunk the claim that the Green Lantern series has been cancelled, there is a chance he is simply referring to the second part of the headline! While the filmmaker has been very clear about certain DCU-related developments on social media (Henry Cavill's Superman departure, for example), some of his Tweets/responses tend to be more vague/ambiguous.

We assume he is quashing the rumor that Green Lantern has been scrapped, but we'll just have to see if he decides to clarify.

The sequel was talked about and considered at one point, but my understanding is also that lack of funding and projected revenue make it unlikely to happen.

The kid who played him is an adult male now though at 19, so he is at the right age to play the character as an adult. He would probably need to hit the weights to make it work (if the opportunity were there).

It's a damn shame. They could have done an Earth 2-style Universe, with Brandon as Evil Superman and evil versions of Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. And the only real opposition the Evil JLA face is Lex Luthor.

It would have been cooler than 90% of what the real DCEU has put out

Last edited:
they should grow a pair of balls and do a superman red son movie

My favourite ever Superman story. I think they did an animated version, but we'll never see it in live action, unfortunately.

Pretty sure that was announced cancelled wit hthe Batgirl movie before Gunn even joined.

Pretty sure that was announced cancelled wit hthe Batgirl movie before Gunn even joined.
No. This was very recently announced (after James Gunn was announced as the new head of DC at WB).

Back