DC's last fight

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UFC 235 is March 8th and DC's 40th birthday is March 20th. DC said he wouldn't fight beyond his forties. Today is January 12th, it seems unrealistic DC would fight under two months notice. Jon Jones is rumored to headline that card against Smith but it isn't signed. DC vs Lesnar has zero news as does his rematch for Miocic.

What do you think is happening?

He will most likely fight past that date even though he said he wouldn't.

It's anyone's guess at the moment. I think DC would like to fight Brock for obvious reasons, but he is probably keeping his other options open. The Cain-Ngannou fight could also be a factor in who will DC fight next, in the event that Ngannou wins by a spectacular KO or smtg.

DC has been pretty adamant about fighting Stipe if the Brock fight doesn't pan out so i think he'll end up fighting one of them, it just might be a month or two after his deadline.

dc will never fight cain, theres only one fight out there that makes sense, bones at HW then he can retire

Dana does not like Stipe and will do his best to talk DC out of a rematch always a chance he loses and would MUCH rather have Brock as champ

I respect the hell out of DC but I'm surprised how he's dealing with Jones' return. Thought he would be chomping at the bit to fight him now it looks like he's ducking him to avoid losing his final fight. Not a good look for DC but whatever the man's a beast and earned the right to fight whoever he wants for his retirement I suppose

Fight Brok and leave the rest for Cain

UFC 235 is March 8th and DC's 40th birthday is March 20th. DC said he wouldn't fight beyond his forties. Today is January 12th, it seems unrealistic DC would fight under two months notice. Jon Jones is rumored to headline that card against Smith but it isn't signed. DC vs Lesnar has zero news as does his rematch for Miocic.

What do you think is happening?
I agree with @Sansnom and @youllneverwalkalone in that given the time-frame and that DC is 40 on I think it's March 20th, I think DC and his team have probably accepted that he will fight on for a limited time after his 40th birthday.

I agree that the Velasquez fight with Ngannou (in 5 weeks) could well affect DC's next fight. IF Ngannou beats Cain, then it would not surprise me if Dana offers Big Money to DC to go fight the guy who just beat his good buddy Cain Velasquez. If Cain WINS against Ngannou, then I think DC will fight Stipe or Brock next. Dana will be pitching hard for Jones/DC III and Dana can be persuasive but I don't think that fight is a good idea for DC as if he loses AGAIN then that's 0-3 against Jones (ok ok....technically it would be 0-2 and 1 NC).

I think DC fights Stipe or Brock next, with a possibility of Ngannou if Ngannou beats Cain in Feb.

I'm gonna say DC may fight on til summer-time.
Dana knows how to push the right buttons on DC, both ego buttons and $$$$ buttons.

From the PC I get the impression Dana wants DC to fight longer than DC wants to. I'm giving DC probably 2-3 more to get the title defenses record. Last three were the best fights of DC's UFC career IMO but 40's 40 and I imagine without this whole Jones thing and without title fights he'd be done already.

Think Brock someone else and maybe Stipe again(don't think he'll be able to avoid that one more than once).

UFC 235 is March 8th and DC's 40th birthday is March 20th. DC said he wouldn't fight beyond his forties.

Not fighting beyond his forties would mean he'd fight until 49 but you're misquoting him he's said at 40 it's over. March 20th 2019 and it's over.

With the size of him against Lewis his next fight won't be his last.
When he finishes in the UFC he'll still have to fight against diabetes.

This week DC told Luke he's still dealing with injuries. His final fight date will be extended, but it will definitely be his final fight. As of now that is.

Edit: correction, Ariels award show.

Last edited:
What I dont understand about DC is that he is so hell bent on fighting Roided Cheater Brock Lesnar, but cries about Jones taking PED's.

DC said he will retire after this fight, they all said they going to retire but they all came back and fight again from time to time. After DC retired, Boner Jones gonna talks some shit on Twitter just to piss him off, when DC pissed off enough he will come out of retirement and fight Jones. Lol

It is what it is.

What I dont understand about DC is that he is so hell bent on fighting Roided Cheater Brock Lesnar, but cries about Jones taking PED's.
Why? I'm sure with a little thought you could figure it out.

Brock= 1Million+ PPV for an easy fight on or off the juice.

Jones= 800k PPV to fight one of the best on or off the juice.

Depending on DC's PPV cut ($2-$6 per ppv).

At $5, that's MINIMUM of $1Million difference.

Let him fight Brock, he well deserved that retirement big money fight, and seeing Brock getting cancrushed is always entertaining !

Either that or my dream fight since 2011, DC vs Jones at HW to settle the feud.
No other fight makes sense.

DC said he will retire after this fight, they all said they going to retire but they all came back and fight again from time to time. After DC retired, Boner Jones gonna talks some shit on Twitter just to piss him off, when DC pissed off enough he will come out of retirement and fight Jones. Lol

It is what it is.

Only case of figure where I could see DC fight twice is IF he trashes Lesnar easily and Jones is up for a 3d fight at HW ( for his retirement fight ) and DC can fight soon enough because he didn't take much damage against Brock.

Back