dc won the trash talk battle

Winning it in the funny comments department and in the psychological advantage department are two different things. People need to be more specific when saying someone won the talking battle.

you make an insightful point. this was in my head while i made the thread but i didn't know how to articulate it.

to me, nearly all of jones' trash talking is naming calling - winning the funny dept.

while dc's trash talking is rooted in specific details of how much better he is than jones in the octagon - winning the psychological dept.

Daniel Cormier's trash talk consisted of " Why dont you shut the fuck up bitch". I remember saying that in high school. Its possible that maybe cormier has never gotten into an argument as an adult and cant keep his composure. He's reverting back to the stuff he used to say as a kid. It even looks as though he wants to cry in some videos. Jon Jones has mentally broken this dude. Dont be suprised if daniel cormier resorts to eye gouging or biting. Just like he did as a kid. Its a psychological thing.

even the most diehard jones supporter will admit that if ANY eye gouging happens it will be from bones.

He really enjoys when he is saying you suck lol

It's all he's got.

and you beat me to it... thank you, sir.

I feel like this fight has really divided the sherdog community into two groups.

Those with a moral sensibility - (DC fans)
Those who are still in elementary school, either physically or mentally - (Jones fans)

Lol one of them is gotten 2 and that's dc.Did u see how he was pacing during the weigh ins etc?

Maybe it is his somewhat boyish voice, but Cormier sounds more "gotten to" and more intimidated. In fact, Jones doesn't sound intimidated at all.

Maybe it is his somewhat boyish voice, but Cormier sounds more "gotten to" and more intimidated. In fact, Jones doesn't sound intimidated at all.

i'd be irritated to if i guy who i felt in my mind, body and soul that i could beat, was acting like a petulant 12 year old. so to that end, "gotten to" is not entirely inaccurate. but here's the rub: dc is the better fighter and jones has said nothing to remove this doubt from my mind or most certainly not dc's.

name calling is all jones has. that's it. that's all.

but this will all be settled in less than 12 hours.

AND NEW!!!

I like DC a lot more, but he was VERY corny.

"Do you think I'm just going to let you kill me, Jon?"

C'mon. Jones had me rolling. DC seems genuinely annoyed where as Jones seems to just be trollin'.

It's all he's got.

I feel like this fight has really divided the sherdog community into two groups.

Those with a moral sensibility - (DC fans)
Those who are still in elementary school, either physically or mentally - (Jones fans)

*Claims people to still mentally be in elementary school*

*Tries to divide people into groups of social cliques*

GTFO. Helps everyone if the pot doesn't call the kettle black.

jones saying you suck over and over again made me really wanna see cormier smash him. he seems like a guy whos shook and looks like an ass when he talks. anyway its not hard to beat jones in a trashtalk battle. hell probably be the most awkward unikeable champ in ufc history.

That was a pretty good video TS...thanks. I especially like the last portion when he's talking to Rogan and JBJ is sitting there listening and smiling.

"are you still there, pussy?" jones trash talk is funny but immature, childish and troll like. i'm sure generation internet appreciates it because trolling is exalted. me however, prefer trash talk rooted in simple layman terms. whether or not dc can back his claims up remains to be seen but you can not argue that dc is convinced that jones is not his equal on any level.

if i knew nothing about fighting and simply watched this clip, dc would have made a believer out of me. jones will get bullied tonight. and i hope bones brings his passport to the octagon, because tonight he's going to flight school.

And NEW!!!

http://youtu.be/5Ln-ZB_O9mU

I don't know Jones telling Cormier he's delusional because he's dehydrated and that he needs something to drink or eat was probably the funniest thing either said. DC obviously made this a compelling bout due to him calling out Jones as far back as his Strikeforce days, but neither guy is a top shelf trash talker.

Daniel Cormier's trash talk consisted of " Why dont you shut the fuck up bitch". I remember saying that in high school. Its possible that maybe cormier has never gotten into an argument as an adult and cant keep his composure. He's reverting back to the stuff he used to say as a kid. It even looks as though he wants to cry in some videos. Jon Jones has mentally broken this dude. Dont be suprised if daniel cormier resorts to eye gouging or biting. Just like he did as a kid. Its a psychological thing.

Yeah, he never got in an argument....cause before the UFC he was an accountant and not an olympian wrestler.....

and you beat me to it... thank you, sir.

Grats that he beat you to making a stupid post.

You guys should probably date each other.

You're also the genius that made the thread about shit talking.

Oh the fucking hypocrisy!

Pretty sure based on the hallway encounter and the fighter's meeting encounter that Jones is winning the trash talk battle. He's laughing at Cormier and Cormier get's pissed and stutters. One of exact reasons I just dropped a big bet on Jones ;)

*Claims people to still mentally be in elementary school*

*Tries to divide people into groups of social cliques*

GTFO. Helps everyone if the pot doesn't call the kettle black.

I like how he tries to reduce it to a "two-tribes" sort of thing. Jones = bad, DC = good. Like a smaller, wet-kleenex version of Republicans & Democrats or "conservative" and "liberals".

Humans are complex organisms with multiple shades of grey to their behaviour, preferences and who they choose to support in certain endeavours.

I wonder where he would place the fans of both?

I am a fan of Jones on ability and I like a wee bit of spice added in. I am a huge fan of Cormier's skills and a huge fan of his olympian mindset.

But hey... maybe I am just being too complex.

I just like Jones because I love trolls & trolling.

Jones trash talk is elementary school level, but DC is like that awkward kid in elementary school who is sheltered and never actually learned to trash talk.

Do they hand out belts for trash talking? Like are there different weight classes and stuff?

Back