'DC' Willing To Fight Alexander Gustafsson If Jon Jones Stalls

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DC playing right into ol' Jonny boy's hands.

I'm starting to think that Jones is a lot more conniving than we give him credit for...

DC getting some fans. I'm starting to think ol jones isn't as smart as we give him credit for.....

Interim title? wtf is he even talking about?

That's what Jones suggested all along in response to the Gus VS Manuwa fight.

Oh DC. You mean well and I dig your style, but Jones and Gus should happen. I do very much want to see DC fight both of them.

What? Jones is negotiating a new contract.

Jones is meant to sign a new contract with the UFC (the meeting of his manager and Lorenzo & Dana is chronicled in last weeks vlogs)

As the story goes, something has stalled out and Jones has not signed his new deal.

Cormier is saying - hypothetically, for whatever reason - if Jones decides not to re-sign he would fight Gus, expecting it be an interim title. Seeing as how this would only be drawn up in the case that Jones refuses to sign a contract that would be reasonable.

Cormier knows he got into the game late. He wants that title.

Remember when Randy refused to fight in the UFC and tried to get a fight with Fedor instead? Randy was then tied up in court for a year and couldn't do shit because of the championship clause. Nog vs Timmy was made for the interim belt and Randy eventually was forced to come back and face Brock.

This is a very similar scenario. If Jones refuses to fight, UFC will play hardball and move on without him. As long as Jon has the belt he is pretty much a slave to the UFC because of the championship clause. He either fights or sits on the sidelines while the division moves on without him.

Jones is meant to sign a new contract with the UFC (the meeting of his manager and Lorenzo & Dana is chronicled in last weeks vlogs)

As the story goes, something has stalled out and Jones has not signed his new deal.

Cormier is saying - hypothetically, for whatever reason - if Jones decides not to re-sign he would fight Gus, expecting it be an interim title. Seeing as how this would only be drawn up in the case that Jones refuses to sign a contract that would be reasonable.

Both parties have to believe a contract is reasonable. If Jones doesn't like the contract he shouldn't sign it.

I didn't know other sherdoggers had reading comprehension. I feel so much more hope now.

Remember when Randy refused to fight in the UFC and tried to get a fight with Fedor instead? Randy was then tied up in court for a year and couldn't do shit because of the championship clause. Nog vs Timmy was made for the interim belt and Randy eventually was forced to come back and face Brock.

This is a very similar scenario. If Jones refuses to fight, UFC will play hardball and move on without him. As long as Jon has the belt he is pretty much a slave to the UFC because of the championship clause. He either fights or sits on the sidelines while the division moves on without him.

Jones has outlasted the championship clause it only adds 3 fights after winning the title. He finished the clause over 2 years ago when he beat rashad Evans.

DC playing right into ol' Jonny boy's hands.

I'm starting to think that Jones is a lot more conniving than we give him credit for...

Jones is playing right into DC's hands. Jones is the one who will get flamed by Dana and they'll set up a fight with Cormier vs Jones after, in which DC takes the belt.

Silly Bones.

Back