DC will ragdoll Jon Jones like a kid

You're right, DC is better. By a huge margin. Hate on, that belts going away from Jones within 2 fights :D

DC is way better than Rashad? Based on what exactly? Beating post TRT 195 lbs Hendo and Starbucks Cummings?

I think DC is good, however, he hasnt done anything impressive at LHW in the UFC.

Jones (Buutenks) vs DC (Gohan)
boo3.jpg

DC is way better than Rashad? Based on what exactly? Beating post TRT 195 lbs Hendo and Starbucks Cummings?

I think DC is good, however, he hasnt done anything impressive at LHW in the UFC.

We still haven't seen masses of Cormier at LHW but we've now seen enough to know the cut isn't a problem for him which was the big unknown before. Now that's clear his performances at HW are obviously tell us a lot about his LHW potential.

Hendo for me shows the difference very well, Rashad just about took a decision vs Dan based on picking away from distance, Cormier took him down and dominated him on the ground.

Cormier might have trouble with Jones reach but I think you also need to consider how wrestling effects standup. A lot of the way Jones uses his reach is via using the threat if his wrestling and the clinch rather than via a jab or power straights, when guys look to close in and exchange with him he tends to switch straight into the clinch. If Cormier has the superior wrestling and wants the clinch that changes the makeup of the match a lot and even if Jones avoids the takedown it could be a lot easier for DC to get close to him and exchange, an area where I think Jones defence whilst improved is still questionable.

We still haven't seen masses of Cormier at LHW but we've now seen enough to know the cut isn't a problem for him which was the big unknown before. Now that's clear his performances at HW are obviously tell us a lot about his LHW potential.

Hendo for me shows the difference very well, Rashad just about took a decision vs Dan based on picking away from distance, Cormier took him down and dominated him on the ground.

Cormier might have trouble with Jones reach but I think you also need to consider how wrestling effects standup. A lot of the way Jones uses his reach is via using the threat if his wrestling and the clinch rather than via a jab or power straights, when guys look to close in and exchange with him he tends to switch straight into the clinch. If Cormier has the superior wrestling and wants the clinch that changes the makeup of the match a lot and even if Jones avoids the takedown it could be a lot easier for DC to get close to him and exchange, an area where I think Jones defence whilst improved is still questionable.

I think DC is a threat no doubt, the guy just looks impressive.

Im just not convinced hes anything Rashad isnt, except maybe bigger.

I dont think his fights against Cummins and a deflated Hendo were great, or even good tests. Henderson looked just awful, even relatively puny for lhw last night

im sick of you fucking bastards talking down to Hendo like that, he's a god damn legend and gave Rashad real trouble. The man puts his all out there again and again and you disrespect him and whomever he fights.

fake fans. fake piece of shit fans.

i agree, remember cormier fought at hw and with success

Honestly I feel the same way. It may be a bit early to say it, but honestly I think DC is probably the best wrestler that's ever fought in MMA. He just fucking mauls guys.

Jones has great defensive wrestling, but he isn't even in the same stratosphere as DC. If DC gets Jones on his back it's game over for Jones, even if he doesn't finish Jones, even if Jones makes to his feet (which he won't), the game will change and change dramatically. DC is too good a striker, he has too much power, and even the threat of his takedowns are going to be a nightmare for Jones.

I'm more worried about DC's ability to devour entire Chicken franchises in a single sitting. :icon_chee

It's a lot different trying to take someone down with such a height advantage jones will feel a lot stronger than hendo due to his leverage and his knowledge of how to use it. I think Cormier will put up a good fight but I highly doubt he will ragdoll him

If vegas put odds out on Gus vs Cormier there is no way Gus would be favored, and he's already had his chance vs Jones. That should mean something.

Thats because Vegas doesnt know shit about Gustafsson. Like lat sept when he fought Jones as an +700 underdog or so..

Jones is not a 44 year old 195lb'er

DC Jones will probably look like Rashad vs. Jones, But Im not convinced DC is as good as Rashad

7101046179_e6f22a4760_z.jpg

DC is more dangerous than Rashad in a lot of ways. I like Rashad but his killer instinct IQ simply sucks quite often.

I really dont see how smothering and over the hill frank mir, beating a starbucks employee and beating up a guy whos over the hill again and lost three of his last four fights leading up to this one makes you this hulking monster who is going to mow through jones with ease.

Jones is a master of distance, I'm very curious to see if DC can close the distance when they fight. I think DC can win this fight, but Jones is a different kind of animal.

I don't think wrestling will be much of a factor in a Cormier-Jones fight. Cormier doesn't have a fast shot and Jones has elite takedown D. Factor in the reach advantage for Jones, I don't think we'll see many takedowns. Didn't Roy Nelson stuff Cormier a few times? I think Hendo was badly overmatched and Jones would have tossed him around similarly.

brah, Gustafsson took him down

UFC172-JonesXTeixeira-R3a-GuillotineToKnee-400-sg.gif

Ofc. Glover isn't Cormier, just showing Jones most recent performance in defensive wrestling. Jones is also not Barnett, Mir, or Hendo.

Glover had one arm in that fight. DC will have some wrestling advantage vs Jones but Jones can still control him enough to hit him with ground and pound. But I was wrong about gsp jendricks

Back