DC will ragdoll Jon Jones like a kid

dont know if he will throw him around like hendo lol, but iv said since day one cormier wins that fight, and nothing has changed IMO

I've been saying this for a while now. I can't wait until they fight.

I don't envy Jones at all, having to face guys like Gus again, and Cormier. He's in trouble.

Easier said than done. Jones out ranges him by A LOT. DC will get picked apart before he gets close enough for a takedown.

Cormier is an exceptional wrestler, best in MMA most likely. That said setting up takedowns on Jones is different than doing so on large lumbering HWs or a legend like Hendo. His striking will have to be the best it has ever been to really implement his wrestling against Jones or Gus.

Jones has been taken down now but it hasn't fallen off or anything. Glover couldn't come close to taking Jones down.

UFC172-JonesXTeixeira-R3a-GuillotineToKnee-400-sg.gif

Ofc. Glover isn't Cormier, just showing Jones most recent performance in defensive wrestling. Jones is also not Barnett, Mir, or Hendo.

DC is gonna throw Jon Jones out the ring by his ankle like fucking Mario from super smash bros.

Hate to burst the bubble, but it'll most likely be a snooze feast.

Well DC is used to having his way with heavyweights, so it's very likely.

Cormier is an exceptional wrestler, best in MMA most likely. That said setting up takedowns on Jones is different than doing so on large lumbering HWs or a legend like Hendo. His striking will have to be the best it has ever been to really implement his wrestling against Jones or Gus.

Jones has been taken down now but it hasn't fallen off or anything. Glover couldn't come close to taking Jones down.

Ofc. Glover isn't Cormier, just showing Jones most recent performance in defensive wrestling. Jones is also not Barnett, Mir, or Hendo.

Did you just compare Glover, a freakin' boxer, with a world class olympic wrestler like Cormier? LOL

DC needs to spar Cain with a blindfold on and become proficient in doing so, because he will be fighter in those conditions after round 1.

I don't think wrestling will be much of a factor in a Cormier-Jones fight. Cormier doesn't have a fast shot and Jones has elite takedown D. Factor in the reach advantage for Jones, I don't think we'll see many takedowns. Didn't Roy Nelson stuff Cormier a few times? I think Hendo was badly overmatched and Jones would have tossed him around similarly.

Yes I believe it and not based off tonight but rather off a slam I saw during HWGP. HE PICKED UP BARNETT AND DROPPED HIM ON HIS HEAD. HE WILL DO THE SAME TO JONES.

Period.

Did you just compare Glover, a freakin' boxer, with a world class olympic wrestler like Cormier? LOL

It helps to read. Btw Glover is far "a freaking boxer". He has world class BJJ and was on the Brazillian national wrestling team if I'm not mistake. Easily outwrestled all of his UFC opponents including Bader and Page until Jones. But that's beside the point.

Read the bold

I don't think wrestling will be much of a factor in a Cormier-Jones fight. Cormier doesn't have a fast shot and Jones has elite takedown D. Factor in the reach advantage for Jones, I don't think we'll see many takedowns. Didn't Roy Nelson stuff Cormier a few times? I think Hendo was badly overmatched and Jones would have tossed him around similarly.

Cormier is pretty fast actually. He'll get hold of Jones, at which point Jones will have no other option than to go airborne.

Back