DC will be eating a lot of knees and elbows

DC dominates Jones. 49-46 Cormier.

B6M83zpIAAAThLU.png:large

And when DC pick him up by his gummy legs and throws him in the air.. an pounds Jones like nothing..

ahah, oh hey.

you must of been one of those kids in school that were finished their tests LAST.

Nice to read your opinions, really they offer amazing insight

Don't understand this post?

Cause Jones destroyed Sonnen in every aspect?

huh?

Cormier spoke about Sonnen's success in closing the distance with Jones. People are starting to support this.

Which is weird when you actually watch the fight it was Jones pursuing the clinch from the get go being content to manhandle Sonnen against the cage and rough him up in Chael's guard.

Cormier spoke about Sonnen's success in closing the distance with Jones. People are starting to support this.

Which is weird when you actually watch the fight it was Jones pursuing the clinch from the get go being content to manhandle Sonnen against the cage and rough him up in Chael's guard.

People will find anything to support their claims.

It's all hocus pocus until they shit actually goes down though, and funny how so many people that were SO SURE of what was going to happen disappear immediately ..

That's the liability of short guys, their heads are in range of the knees especially from long tall guys like Jones. Jones can hit him with long knees from boxing distance and in the clinch.

DC will push Jones against the fence trying to take him down. There he will be eating elbows from above and knees from below. Again, the long elbows of Jones can get to DC's head anywhere in the clinch position. The knees will hurt him too. The only time he ever looked vulnerable was when he ate knees from taller guys. It's gonna be a long night for Daniel.

Unfortunately your right.

I just watched the fight. Sonnen comes rushing out, Jones stands in his corner at first, then backs up a bit, Sonnen engages in the clinch, and obviously Jones has to engage back.

Exactly when did Jones instigate the clinch without being forced to?

I just watched the fight. Sonnen comes rushing out, Jones stands in his corner at first, then backs up a bit, Sonnen engages in the clinch, and obviously Jones has to engage back.

Exactly when did Jones instigate the clinch without being forced to?

Jones pursues the single leg as Sonnen fires some punches and has him down well before 10 secs have even passed in the fight.

Did Sonnen completely change Jones gameplan in 5 secs or was it the gameplan from the start, which seems more reasonable?

Jones pursues the single leg as Sonnen fires some punches and has him down well before 10 secs have even passed in the fight.

Did Sonnen completely change Jones gameplan in 5 secs or was it the gameplan from the start, which seems more reasonable?

Jones had to go for the TD, because Sonnen was all over him. What was he gonna do, disengage, and keep running away from a guy that's gonna be body to body the whole time?

He was forced to grapple. It's not a knock on Jones. He was forced his hand, and he got the 1 up on Sonnen. I'm just telling you that he was forced to fight fire with fire. He didn't "choose" to all out grapple with Sonnen.

That's why I pointed out exactly what happened in the first sequence of the fight. It shows that Jones wasn't really going at Sonnen like he was trying to out grapple anyone. He stood back, and kind of looked shocked. Watch the fight again.

When Rogan says he beat Sonnen at his own game, it doesn't mean he went out with the mindset to grapple fuck Sonnen. It means Sonnen tried to dictate what type of match they were having, and Jones still beat him at his own game.

If you wanna see a fight in which Jones is clearly trying to grapple with someone from the start, watch the Vera fight. His intentions were clear from the jump. In the Sonnen fight he wasn't about to use up all his energy backing up, and trying to find angles to kick against a guy that's always moving forward. If you have the wrestling credentials, and clear size and strength advantage why would you do that? He took him down, so he could stop the constant activity of Sonnen, and to get a breather from that constant activity.

Jones had to go for the TD, because Sonnen was all over him. What was he gonna do, disengage, and keep running away from a guy that's gonna be body to body the whole time?

He was forced to grapple. It's not a knock on Jones. He was forced his hand, and he got the 1 up on Sonnen. I'm just telling you that he was forced to fight fire with fire. He didn't "choose" to all out grapple with Sonnen.

That's why I pointed out exactly what happened in the first sequence of the fight. It shows that Jones wasn't really going at Sonnen like he was trying to out grapple anyone. He stood back, and kind of looked shocked. Watch the fight again.

When Rogan says he beat Sonnen at his own game, it doesn't mean he went out with the mindset to grapple fuck Sonnen. It means Sonnen tried to dictate what type of match they were having, and Jones still beat him at his own game.

So you are saying that Sonnen rushing out took Jones out of his element and made him choose to grapple then.

You believe this because Jones didn't meet Sonnen in the middle of the octagon within the first 5 secs and engage the clinch as well in that span?

I mean that line of thinking just doesn't sound reasonable to me. Stop to think about you making a judgement about a fighter's entire gamplan shifting in secs. simply because a fighter came forward.

How about this for alt. explanation. Sonnen is aggressive, he employs a style with impractical wrestleboxing, he also often attempts TDs in the first 30 secs. Instead of rushing towards a fighter like that and chancing getting hit by an awkward shot or taken down when out of position, simply letting them rush to you then look for the opportunity to put him on his back.

Jones has done a few things to deal with the opening rush of opponents, he used to implement the crawl.

I don't see what Rogan has to do with this, I haven't seen that fight with English commentary.

With that said, what does this have to do with people using the fight as a situation where an opponent had consistent success with closing distance on Jones?

So you are saying that Sonnen rushing out took Jones out of his element and made him choose to grapple then.

You believe this because Jones didn't meet Sonnen in the middle of the octagon within the first 5 secs and engage the clinch as well in that span?

I mean that line of thinking just doesn't sound reasonable to me. Stop to think about you making a judgement about a fighter's entire gamplan shifting in secs. simply because a fighter came forward.

How about this for alt. explanation. Sonnen is aggressive, he employs a style with impractical wrestleboxing, he also often attempts TDs in the first 30 secs. Instead of rushing towards a fighter like that and chancing getting hit by an awkward shot or taken down when out of position, simply letting them rush to you then look for the opportunity to put him on his back.

Jones has done a few things to deal with the opening rush of opponents, he used to implement the crawl.

I don't see what Rogan has to do with this, I haven't seen that fight with English commentary.

With that said, what does this have to do with people using the fight as a situation where an opponent had consistent success with closing distance on Jones?

Yeah, he stood back, but he didn't initiate any clinch. Sonnen's the one that did, and Jones had his head down, and was spinning out. That's why I bring up the opening sequence. Re watch the fight for God's sake.

No one said it took him out of his element. I'm saying that Jones looked visibly shaken when Chael was coming in at the pace he was coming in at. He's not used to guys coming in like that. Not a single fighter on his resume has besides Jake O'Brien, and he dealt with that fine, because Jake has sloppy hands, and didn't push the pace, or cross the line like Chael. Meaning, Chael was coming in chest to chest whether he ate a knee to the face or not. It's a very uncomfortable feeling when you can't even get a second to gather yourself, and think for a second.

I'm not saying Jones wasn't fully prepared to grapple with Sonnen. I'm saying Jones' game plan didn't look to be an all out grapple session with Sonnen. From the looks of what was going on in the opening sequence, it seems like he was surprised at HOW MUCH pressure Sonnen was bringing, and was forced his hand to out grappling him with his superior size and strength.

Yeah, he stood back, but he didn't initiate any clinch. Sonnen's the one that did, and Jones had his head down, and was spinning out. That's why I bring up the opening sequence. Re watch the fight for God's sake.

No one said it took him out of his element. I'm saying that Jones looked visibly shaken when Chael was coming in at the pace he was coming in at. He's not used to guys coming in like that. Not a single fighter on his resume has besides Jake O'Brien, and he dealt with that fine, because Jake has sloppy hands, and didn't push the pace, or cross the line like Chael. Meaning, Chael was coming in chest to chest whether he ate a knee to the face or not. It's a very uncomfortable feeling when you can't even get a second to gather yourself, and think for a second.

I'm not saying Jones wasn't fully prepared to grapple with Sonnen. I'm saying Jones' game plan didn't look to be an all out grapple session with Sonnen. From the looks of what was going on in the opening sequence, it seems like he was surprised at HOW MUCH pressure Sonnen was bringing, and was forced his hand to out grappling him with his superior size and strength.

Where do you see Sonnen initiating clinch any time in the opening seconds? He fires off 5 or so right hands and some kicks. Jones moved his head down to avoid one of those right hands and then a sec. later finds the angle he wants to initiate the TD.

We are discussing a fight that began being planned some 8 months and one suggestion is that Sonnen's well documented opening rush shook a fighter with exceptional TDD. Another suggestion is that the rush was expected and the secs before the quick TD were just to find the opening.

I don't think anything more needs to be said. Happy New Years.

I can see the elbows ...both short and mid range.....but Jones has hardly ever used his knees that much, which I am surprised.

Jones did KO someone with a knee early in his career. I think Jones' camp will exploit this because they know DC is vulnerable to it. Jones is the tallest person DC ever fought and DC is the shortest person Jones ever fought. Something interesting is bound to happen.

I can see the elbows ...both short and mid range.....but Jones has hardly ever used his knees that much, which I am surprised.

Flying knee that drilled Shogun right at the start of that fight. Shogun said that wobbled him and he was playing catchup the whole time after it.

i can't even recall jones throwing any knees outside of the flying knee in the shogun fight and the last shot before shogun tapped.

He threw them in Gustufson, Texiera, and Rampage quite a bit.

He has a pretty decent clinch but he is nit going to want to get into a clinch battle,with DC.

Cain is pretty close to JDS's height. DC is like 7" shorter. The reason Gus wasn't so susceptible to the elbows in the clinch was because he was the same height. There's nothing DC can do to close that gap.

Besides, Jones is a lot more flexible and adapted to throwing knees and elbows than JDS, and taller with longer limbs to boot

Jones won't be throwing a lot of knees and spinning elbows for fear of being taken down. You don't want to bring yourself off balance against a wrestler like Cormier. Surefire way to end up on your ass.

Throwing elbows and knees while being in the clinch with Olympic wrestler? Sounds like a good gameplan

Bones is going to throw everything and DC will.just take it while trying to clinch/TD. Cormier will be jaded after the second if it gets that far. His wrasslin aint gonna mean shit and his stand up.us a JOKE in comparison.

Hyped fight

Back