DC will be back better than ever!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by VegetaGD, Jan 4, 2015.

1. VegetaGD

VegetaGD Purple Belt

Great fight by Jones, he won straight up and even as a JJ hater, I must acknowledge his skillset. He's an incredible fighter who seems to be far from his prime because he's winning big even with obvious available improvements in his game. He's going to continue to polish his skills and the rest of the LHW division will have to run even faster to close the gap which is looking bigger and bigger by the day.

Now, on to DC. I think after his broken heart heals up, he's going to come back better than ever.

While Jones got to "lose without losing" against Gustafsson, DC wasn't so fortunate. He had to learn the tough lessons that more often than not, accompany a loss. Still, he has a lot to be proud of as he gave Jones a hell of a fight and got a chance to test his entire skillset in battle.

I think he needs to get in the cage again as soon as possible to keep his body weight down and continue to build. A fight against Ovince would be exciting and he could fight the loser of Gus/Rumble or Evans/Glover if he secures a big win.

Get back on the grind DC!!!

2. prikoke

prikoke Brown Belt

It's ok, he's young and still improving. He will learn a lot from this experience.

3. VegetaGD

VegetaGD Purple Belt

I wouldn't go that far, but he doesn't have a ton of mileage on him so I do think he's got at least 3 good years left in him.

4. Striderxdj

Striderxdj Brown Belt

DC just needs to realize that he's not wrestling anymore, all that anger he started with turned into an ego trip when Jones took him down, he wanted to take Jones down so badly that he spent the entire fight gassing himself out trying to get that one takedown to redeem himself as a wrestler instead of spending that energy throwing leather... and when he finally got it, yay Jones got up a second later and the fight was pretty much over.

5. VegetaGD

VegetaGD Purple Belt

Agree. He was less impressive with his wrestling than I thought he'd be while he was more impressive with his dirty boxing and striking. He landed a pretty mean body kick that had me saying wow!

I don't think we've seen the best from DC yet.

6. jx820

jx820 Black Belt

It's unfortunate, but another title shot is probably not that realistic due to the margin by which Jones beat him and his age. Unless Jones loses the strap I see him having some great fights, and retiring without ever challenging again.

I think he should look at booking the biggest money fights possible for the next year or two. If Werdum still has a belt (interim or otherwise) 3 months from now that may be a better option than continuing at LHW.

7. 7th

7th Silver Belt

dc needs to lose that fat and go to 185 where he belongs and take it to weidman. He looked a weight class below Jones

8. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

He'll definitely learn from this. Realistically, I think he fights Glover, then fights a top 5 guy,and gets another crack at the title.

9. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Cormier has nothing for Jones because Jones is just a better fighter. Jones will be champ for a few more years and will do want he wants.

10. Dart Feld

Dart Feld Steel Belt

There's not a ton of contenders at LHW.

There's the Gus/Rumble winner then they're scraping the barrel.

Shad
    OSP
    Davis
    Bader

Those are the top contenders after that and not exciting options. DC is 3-4 dominant wins from a rematch. If he and Jones continue winning then it's likely they meet again.

11. VegetaGD

VegetaGD Purple Belt

Anytime you win one round (I had him winning two actually) against another fighter, you have something for them. If DC had nothing for Jones, wouldn't Jones have finished him? He was never even close to a finish.

Jones is the better fighter at this point, but I do think DC is going to grow a lot from this fight and could make major improvements in his game which could put him in front of Gus for another title shot inside of 18 months from now.