DC was an underdog against Big Foot and Barnett

I didn't know who he was until the bigfoot fight.. He was a late replacement iirc, and didnt know anything about him except he looked really small compared to a monster like bigfoot

Before the Bigfoot fight he was suppose to be a really, really good prospect that was still a few years away from being elite.

He was still a favorite vs Barnett, it's the closing line that is important.

I didn't know who he was until the bigfoot fight.. He was a late replacement iirc, and didnt know anything about him except he looked really small compared to a monster like bigfoot

I was at that event. Crazy how so many of the fighters on the card are much more highly regarded now.

Souza, Rockhold, Bigfoot, Cormier, and Yoel Romero off the top of my head

Dc fights a retired Barnett, Retired Hendo, retired Mir, first fight with cummins....very poor challenges

ufc

Dc fights a retired Barnett, Retired Hendo, retired Mir, first fight with cummins....very poor challenges

ufc

Once again Hindsight... jones' best win before his title shot was bader. (same with glover)

I considered DC world class since his victory over Frank Mir. It might not mean much, but at the time, it was the WAY that he beat Mir that I thought was interesting.

Jones is on a whole different level compared to Mir, Barnett, and Bigfoot. Henderson would be destroyed by Jones so I feel like Jones should have the upper hand here.

Weird, I am pretty sure these forums had him as the favorite.

I remember it, no one really knew who he was

i remember seeing him and just immediately discrediting him, i was like this guy is too small and fat to even be in this tournament, and then after it was all over i was just like wait wtf? because at the time that division had some huge names in it like Overeem, Brett Rogers, Barnett, Fedor etc. then there was just DC and I just didnt take him seriously at all

Back