DC vs Texeira?

beefcake89

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I would like to see DC fight another top 5 guy whilst he waits for Jones. Glover seems like a good fight.

or maybe vitor?

if he chooses to fight again i wouldn't mind either one of those fights. both guys have dangerous stand up and slick submissions.

also wouldn't hurt the division seeing as how neither will be in line for a title shot too soon.

It would be a good fight, but I don't think Glover should be in a #1 contender fight so soon after getting whooped by the champ.

Would be a good fight but don't expect it to happen. The UFC chooses who they want to be contenders well in advance and makes sure they avoid each other on the way up, and that they fight only guys they're expected to beat. This is why DC/Gustafsson/Glover were never matched up with each other.

Would be a good fight but don't expect it to happen. The UFC chooses who they want to be contenders well in advance and makes sure they avoid each other on the way up, and that they fight only guys they're expected to beat. This is why DC/Gustafsson/Glover were never matched up with each other.

i doubt the ufc would expect glover to win, even if he did they could sell the rematch as "how would the glover fight have gone if he didn't tear his labrum in the first round". or if gus wins, they haven't fought so it wouldn't matter.

I would want Glover/DC for sure. After the Hendo fight I have a lot more respect for DC.

Glover or Rumble would really give us an idea of where DC truly stands at 205. All respect to Dan, but he just doesn't have it to compete at the highest level anymore. We can't determine anything from that win other than Dan needs to go home. And Cummins obviously told us nothing, so let's see what he's really got.

Waiting for a title shot hardly ever seems to work. If Gus some how beats jones there would most likely be an instant rematch. DC might as well continue to fight to keep him in fighting weight. If not he won't fight until February 2015 is my guess.

If Glover beats DC then you only have two people who you could give a title shot vs Jones (if Gus wins Glover could get a title shot) and that would be the winner of AJ/Nog or Rashad.

And Lil Nog would be on a 3 fight win streak but those 3 fights occurred over a 30+ month span.
Rashad is only rising through the ranks via those above him falling.

And Rumble, I cant say anything bad about rumble since he would have a top 5 win + a win over Nog who was top 5 after his last fight.

If I was match maker, I'd have DC fight Rumble IF rumble beats Lil-Nog.

If Lil-Nog beats Rumble, than he gets the shot based off back to back wins over Rashad and Rumble.

Both DC and Rumble have more to prove/show at LHW before getting a title shot. Rumble is just 1-1 in the division, with a loss to Vitor (ended up being a LHW fight).

3 more rounds of wrestle fcks.... Let him wait for JBJ, he will put DC on his way to HW again.

I would want Glover/DC for sure. After the Hendo fight I have a lot more respect for DC.

:eek: ...so, the guy is 15-0, in 13 of those fights he owned top 10 and top 5 heavyweights, he spars and holds his own against the heavyweight champion Cain fucking Velasquez, he already manhandled 2 light heavyweights and you just got lil more respect for him huh?... you're joking right?

Mark my words...Cormier is beating the crap out of Jon Jones. Be ready baby.

Are you new to MMA? Everybody knows top 10 light heavyweights are not allowed to fight each other until they face Jones.

Certainly a good fight for down the road. DC need not give attention to that now. If he can wait for Jones then that's the way to go.

I'm not saying this is crazy, but if this is what you really believe why would you even be a fan of UFC?

I'm not saying this is crazy, but if this is what you really believe why would you even be a fan of UFC?

Because Sherdog fans applaud the UFC for doing this.

Have you not seen all the cries about "Why have DC fight Gus!? That derails a contender!"

That is the fight I would like to see and the one that makes the most sense. He was already promised the title fight, so I wouldn't agree with making him fight a friend before the title fight.

I would save the Rashad vs. DC until after DC fights JBJ, win or lose.

Back