DC vs Rumble as co-main for 178?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone like to see this? Would be on same card as Jones/Gus so there schedules could allign. Winner gets next title shot. Would make for some interesting TV. Thoughts?

Rumble is fighting Nog. If he wins with no injuries, maybe.

DC gots next, I'm looking forward to DC vs Jones/Gus.

Rumble will probably get the winner of DC vs Jones/Gus.

I think DC has big plans like fixing up his knee now and a bucket of chicken at ringside rooting for someone I don't know who in Toronto. :icon_chee

Rumble's gotta beat Nog's replacement first

See what I did there?

I'm wondering what if there's another razor thin decision between Jones and Gustafsson, but with Gus as the winner. Will there be an instant rematch? vI know people are going to complain about instant rematches, but if they go to war and its very close... it could and most will happen.

And where will this leave DC, who was promised a title shot. Its not as if the UFC hasn't broken these sorts of deals before. Edgar vs Maynard trilogy for example. Will DC take another fight, just like Pettis?

I'm wondering what if there's another razor thin decision between Jones and Gustafsson, but with Gus as the winner. Will there be an instant rematch? vI know people are going to complain about instant rematches, but if they go to war and its very close... it could and most will happen.

And where will this leave DC, who was promised a title shot. Its not as if the UFC hasn't broken these sorts of deals before. Edgar vs Maynard trilogy for example. Will DC take another fight, just like Pettis?
I remember on one of Dana's scrums, he said that no matter how JBJ loses, he won't get an immediate rematch.

I remember on one of Dana's scrums, he said that no matter how JBJ loses, he won't get an immediate rematch.

He must be angry at Jones. But if the UFC can somehow sellout a stadium in Sweden for this fight, they'll do it in a heartbeat. Besides Dana is known for changing his mind quite quickly, all promoters are.

No they have to be kept apart so both can be challengers. Other than Gus they are the only 2 interesting fights.

After Nog pulls out, it's definitely a fight to make.

That would be incredibly shitty to kill off a contender like that. There is really nobody for Jones to fight right now besides Gus/Cormier/Rumble. Let Cormier fight the winner of Bader/Feijao or Rashad if he's ready.

I think it's ridiculous if DC really does sit back and just wait for his shot. The guy's a fighter, he should get back out there and fight. If he beats Jones he'll have to beat all these guys anyway, he may as well knock one of the list now.

I think it's ridiculous if DC really does sit back and just wait for his shot. The guy's a fighter, he should get back out there and fight. If he beats Jones he'll have to beat all these guys anyway, he may as well knock one of the list now.

We all know how the MMA gods work. The fact dc is going to wait just means Gus beats jones and Gus vs jones III is made super bowl weekend and dc is waiting until September 2015

He must be angry at Jones. But if the UFC can somehow sellout a stadium in Sweden for this fight, they'll do it in a heartbeat. Besides Dana is known for changing his mind quite quickly, all promoters are.

He said the exact opposite at the scrums for UFC 172. If Jones wins, he's absolutely going to get an immediate rematch.

Anyways it seems like DC will be going through with surgery now so in a perfect world, he gets his knee fixed up and faces the winner in 2015 at some point.

Back