DC vs Miocic III next is an stupid move by ufc

They're doing it as a favor to DC, who has done a lot for them. Plus, this is a legit rubber match. If he walks off with the belt, they can just make Stipe-Ngannou II (think Hendricks-Lawler after GSP's departure) and life will go on. The matchup is fine.

The only reason for it is that the HW division is trash right now. Basically the entire top 10 have already been beaten recently by one or both of DC and Stipe.
If we look at win/losses vs the current top 10, it is crystal clear who the top contender is:

Stipe: 4W 2L
DC: 2W 1L
Ngannou: 5W 2L
JDS: 3W 5L
Cain: 2W 2L
Overeem: 1W 3L
Blaydes: 1W 2L (2W if including Shamil)

I disagree, It's a good idea. DC seems to sell more than most HWs and he doesn't have many fights left. Even if DC were to win and retire that would bring more attention to the HW division since there wouldn't be a true number 1 HW and the top HWs would have to fight to figure it out.

I feel like LHW would be a lot more interesting if Jones retired as well.
DC is not a genuine DRAW, his PPV numbers when he is not fighting jones are decent at best.

I disagree, It's a good idea. DC seems to sell more than most HWs and he doesn't have many fights left. Even if DC were to win and retire that would bring more attention to the HW division since there wouldn't be a true number 1 HW and the top HWs would have to fight to figure it out.

I feel like LHW would be a lot more interesting if Jones retired as well.
Francis isn't a true number 1?

I agree but I hate when a rivalry just stops at 1-1. I want to see part 3.

You got it all wrong mate. It's obvious that Dana is not too happy about Stipe being Heavyweight world champion. I like Stipe, he is definitely a respectable family man and the most successful heavy weight world champion in history, not a loud mouth trash talker.
Yes DC has said he wants to retire, I believe the bald pink goof believes DC will win the rematch and is absolutely adamant that he can persuade DC to then defend it against JJ, if he dangles a large enough carrot.
I'm convinced DC will most likely beat Stipe this time, judging by how he was dominating the first 3 rounds last time.
DC has to finish Stipe or he loses every time. Can't carry around that extra weight for the championship rounds, if they fought 100 times I'd predict it to be almost the exact same results every time with the same scorecards in favor of DC too. You just can't last two extra rounds with a top hw if you're gassed

Oh I don't know. Stipc v DC III or DC retires (likely the only 2 options). I'd rather see Stipe v DC III myself.

Tactically I see your point. OTOH, I'm not convinced DC retiring is that much worse for the UFC than this rematch.

I doubt DC fights again though, if it's not Stipe or Jones. So that's likely what the decision hinges on: Stipe, or retirement.

I don't feel bad for Ngannou. It's hard to give him a title shot when he lost to stipe and Black beast back to back, two guys that DC finished.

@NorrisB
I agree stupid move by UFC. But actually good for Cormier because he'll beat stipe this time. Stipe got super lucky last time. Cormier will finish Stipe next time.

this is all just an attempt to set up the DC/Jones money fight

This rematch makes sense because they're 1-1. The mistake was giving Stipe the rematch so soon. The UFC holds up nearly every division like this, usually giving the champ an immediate rematch. It's been a problem for about a decade now. In most cases, if you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ twice.

Francis? It’s not that he doesn’t deserve one in the future, he’s just such an incomplete fighter. Useless off his back. And really questionable stand up ( just because you hit hard doesn’t mean you’re good)

Francis hits hard yes. But he also has insane hand-eye coordination and reaction speed, and throws knowing where his target is.

20f2x4.gif

He kept his eye on Overeem that entire time. He's not fluke knocking people out.

Last edited:
This rematch makes sense because they're 1-1. The mistake was giving Stipe the rematch so soon. The UFC holds up nearly every division like this, usually giving the champ an immediate rematch. It's been a problem for about a decade now. In most cases, if you want to be the champ you have to beat the champ twice.

TBF, with DC already delaying a long-promised retirement, giving Stipe a rematch later wasn't really an option.

DC-Stipe is a great fight.

Stipe will win, then fight Francis.

This is how it should go.

The better question is, who does he fight after these two.

Fully agree x2

The best money fight for Miocic is Jon Jones. Every MMA fan alive will pay for this fight.

I can't think of any MMA fan who really wants to see a 40-year-old DC fight again at all, let alone with Miocic for the third time.

DC is simply not a draw anymore.

DC has lost twice to Jones, who owns DC's soul, and no one cares to ever see those two fight again.

DC got a quick, flash when over Miocic the first time. However, he was beaten down legitimately the second time. A broken, crying man once again.

No one wants two see those to fight a third time again, either.

For the love of Christ, what is the point of constantly fighting the same individual over and over again?

Miocic proved he was the better man than DC. Jones proved he is the better man.

Let Miocic and Jones fight each other to determine who is the best-of-the-best.

A win for each man, over the other, cements his legacy.
DC's win was luck? Even though he dominated the first 13 mins of the 2nd fight? Lol OK.

Btw, try to learn the difference between a sentence & a paragraph.

What’s the point if Cormier wins and then immediately retires? Wouldn’t a heavyweight tournament be necessary in that case?

I hope this fight doesn't materialize.

Cormier should retire.

What’s the point if Cormier wins and then immediately retires? Wouldn’t a heavyweight tournament be necessary in that case?

Wasn't he going to retire if he'd won the last one?

Back