DC vs Jones - rooting both for Daniej and Jon, for different reasons?

Tomasz79

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I would say I mostly root for DC, as he is very likable, real guy in my eyes, I just wish him good, and also he is a beast, and I want to see Jones ragdolled, or in bigger trouble than ever, or even finished. All exciting things to experience from a fan view, as well as having new LHW champ, and seeing new situation unfold (including Jon dealing with, and explaining, a loss).

But, there is other side - around the time Jones took title from Shogun, I think he was less cocky, more humble and I admired his dedication and attitude to perfection, and his desire to be great - his winner mental attitude. And when he was going through guys during his reigin, I started to think he may be unstoppable, and we may be experiencing something special, like with Fedor. And it this spirit, I kinda wanted him to continue winning, and see history being made while he becomes new GOAT. I thought Jon being both so young and great already, may have amazing future, and create fantastic, most impressive legacy. One legit loss, and it's never the same.
Daniel on the other hand, as great as he is, it 35 years old, and even if he wins, he may not have too much time to do what Jones could, if he kept winning.

So I'm a little bit torn between sympathy for DC, and possibility that Jon may be GOAT and letting it continue to go that direction. Plus, as hard as Jones sometimes makes himself to be liked, I still do admire his dedication and mental game, so seeing it triumphing I would accept it as what it is - he yet again finding a way to win, with very tough opponent.

Anyone feels similar? Or who are you rooting for, and for what reasons?

Daniej, sounds like a kurwa

Me too..
Except, I want to see both of them get their asses kicked.
I find them both unlikeable.

I like both guys. I'm a bigger fan of Jon and Jon winning is the closest thing I get to winning as an Atlanta sports fan of winning a championship so I'm mainly rooting for him. I like DC though. He seems like a good dude, and if he was fighting Cain I'd be behind him 100%.

I agree, I like the fighter Jones and I think I like the person Cormier.
Either way it should be an awesome fight.

I like DC and im a fan, however im bigger fan of bones.

Back