DC vs. Gus?

Tough fight to call. I don't see why so many are so impressed with DC's stand up and his speed. I really don't see it. If it's a striking fight, I think Gus would easily tool DC and move away from his wild swinging punches. Taking into account wrestling, if DC gets a hold of Gus he will take him down, no question about that. In a 5 round fight I would bet on Gus as he could probably outwork DC in the later rounds. 3 round fight, it's 50/50 imho (if DC is as good as he seems to be).

I would love to see DC fight someone like Rashad who's got the speed to move away from DC's bear arms. Even though Hendo is good, he's still old, slow and a tiny LHW.

Gus uses his range like shit.

he hasn't needed to use it... when has he ever had enough respect for anyone's stand up to even care about being in their range? and he used it very well in the JJ fight. jj was the aggressor in that fight, and gus constantly moved backwards and easily circled out when Jones tried to clinch him up or take him down.

People think that DC will toss around Gus just because he did it to Hendo that looked like a WW, makes no sense.. Gus takedown defence is way too good and he's without exaggerating 5 times faster than DC.

No we think that because he did it to Heavyweights like Barnett and is an Olympian, tossing Gus around is going to be a walk in the park for him.

he hasn't needed to use it... when has he ever had enough respect for anyone's stand up to even care about being in their range? and he used it very well in the JJ fight. jj was the aggressor in that fight, and gus constantly moved backwards and easily circled out when Jones tried to clinch him up or take him down.

Jones and Gus are practically the same in length. And Gus was going in and out because he still hard the shorter arms. That isn't using your range. Gus was beating Jones up on the feet by getting inside of Jones' length, not by staying on the outside and landing long range shots. He used his movement, not his range in that fight. Terrible example.

And when has he needed to use it? Lol. So now he's not using his range because he doesn't want to? If your implying he actively fought in Shogun's, Manuwa's, etc because he had no respect for their stand up, you're joking yourself.

Jones and Gus are practically the same in length. And Gus was going in and out because he still hard the shorter arms. That isn't using your range. Gus was beating Jones up on the feet by getting inside of Jones' length, not by staying on the outside and landing long range shots. He used his movement, not his range in that fight. Terrible example.

And when has he needed to use it? Lol. So now he's not using his range because he doesn't want to? If your implying he actively fought in Shogun's, Manuwa's, etc because he had no respect for their stand up, you're joking yourself.

keeping another fighter from clinching you up is using range imo. call it whatever you want... but dc is going to have a VERY hard time getting close enough to gus to ragdoll him.

keeping another fighter from clinching you up is using range imo. call it whatever you want... but dc is going to have a VERY hard time getting close enough to gus to ragdoll him.

Every fighter that has fought Gus has managed to get close to him and get him in the clinch. Not sure why suddenly Cormier, a guy who has shown strong ability to get on the inside, is going to have a hard time.

DC style bad for GUS.

Jones > DC > Gus

I do however believe Gus is tougher for Jones than DC will be

Styles make fights

Gus would KO Cormier. Gus is the hardest fight for Cormier at LHW.

Every fighter that has fought Gus has managed to get close to him and get him in the clinch. Not sure why suddenly Cormier, a guy who has shown strong ability to get on the inside, is going to have a hard time.

gus's performances in his previous bouts weren't nearly as good as his fight with jones. and gus was the aggressor in all of his other fights, so of course it was easier for them to get into gus's range. gus wasn't the aggressor in the jones fight and he looked to avoid the clinch and he did so via moving backwards, and circling out when jones got too close. idc what you call it.. range, movement, whatever. jon jones could not get close enough to take gus down, so daniel cormier is not going to be able to get close enough, being that he is slower, and has much shorter arms.

Why would Alex fight DC?

Alex deserved a rematch which he did not get.

Jones would like Alex to fight anybody incld Ronda before fighting him again.

Next Alex fight is Jones and this time time who ever scoring the points have to be a little less biased.

gus's performances in his previous bouts weren't nearly as good as his fight with jones. and gus was the aggressor in all of his other fights, so of course it was easier for them to get into gus's range. gus wasn't the aggressor in the jones fight and he looked to avoid the clinch and he did so via moving backwards, and circling out when jones got too close. idc what you call it.. range, movement, whatever. jon jones could not get close enough to take gus down, so daniel cormier, is not going to be able to get close enough, being that he is slower, and has much shorter arms.

Jones got close enough to clinch Gus on numerous occasions. He beat the ever loving piss out of Gus from the clinch in round 5. Cormier can do the same thing just as easily.

And it's like you guys never ever have followed boxing in your life. Who cares if he is shorter and has shorter arms? Cormier has shown a very skilled game to get inside. He has a sharp jab he closes the distance with, he has solid head movement that he can use to either slip shots on the way inside or use to counter off of, and he has shown a kicking game which helps make up the reach difference. It's not like he's some wrestler who has no idea how to close the distance.

It really seems like you've never watched Cormier fight. I mean fuck, he's the best inside fighter at LHW right now by a significant amount.

also, referring to dc's ability to get inside. i haven't seen all of dc's fights but i've seen barnett, big foot, mir, nelson, etc. none of those guys even tried to keep dc from getting inside. and they are all much, MUCH slower than gus.

I think Gus presents the toughest match up for DC, not that DC couldn't beat him.

Between Gus, DC and Jones I would say: Jones is Gus' toughest match up, DC is Jones' toughest match up and Gus is DC's toughest match up.

I can't wait to see these 3 fighting one another over the next few years, toss Rashad and possibly even Rumble Johnson into the mix if his fight vs Davis was an indicator of what he can bring to the UFC LHW division. The top of the 205 pound class is awesome right now.

Jones got close enough to clinch Gus on numerous occasions. He beat the ever loving piss out of Gus from the clinch in round 5. Cormier can do the same thing just as easily.

And it's like you guys never ever have followed boxing in your life. Who cares if he is shorter and has shorter arms? Cormier has shown a very skilled game to get inside. He has a sharp jab he closes the distance with, he has solid head movement that he can use to either slip shots on the way inside or use to counter off of, and he has shown a kicking game which helps make up the reach difference. It's not like he's some wrestler who has no idea how to close the distance.

It really seems like you've never watched Cormier fight. I mean fuck, he's the best inside fighter at LHW right now by a significant amount.

pretty much the same response as my last post... i do understand how dc gets inside. but you have to understand the guys he's been getting inside on. it's easy to slip shots and bob and weave a slow, stationary puncher with no jab, and no movement such as hendo. but to do it against against a long, and fast guy like gus *WITH striking skills*... its not happening.

Sorry that I cant see what DC have for Jones...

He over powered a much smaller Hendo, won't happen against Jones.
Jones have a huge reach advantage.

I will be seriously surprised if DC can be a match up for Jones.

6'5 jon jones, who is also faster than dc couldn't even come close to closing the distance on gus. how in the flying fuck is dc going to be able to come anywhere even close to gus?

Jon Jones is not faster than dc

Back