DC vs Gus Perhaps????

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
So DC weighed in at 220 lbs tonight
and he was wearing trainers still and shorts etc

So he's practically already a LHW

If he beats Roy tomorrow night and comes off the fight uninjured then do you think they may offer him Gus at UFC Sweden early next year??

Makes sense to me... UFC Sweden Gus vs DC (winner gets title shot)

What say you??

DC is 12-0 at HW so he deserves a number one contender fight at LHW if he beats
Roy

Daniel-Cormier1-640x360.jpg

Alexander-Gustafsson-Mauricio-Shogun-Rua-9773-UFC-on-FOX-5.jpg

Would be an awesome fight and I'd definitely be hyped for, but I'd go with Gus against anybody. Dude gets so much better every time out.

DC will get an easier fight. Bader seems to win most a title shot.
I'd prefer DC vs Davis to be honest.

DC will get an easier fight. Bader seems to win most a title shot.
I'd prefer DC vs Davis to be honest.

Phil Davis (and I guess Lil Nog) are the only fighters currently on a win streak at LHW whom they can use as the next contender for JBJ if Glover and DC lose to JBJ, so I doubt you'll see them fight Gus or DC. If Lil Nog or Davis get a title shot expect it to be off of either a guy like Bader or each other

But DC does not want an easy fight
He'd jump at the chance of fighting Gus

plus Gus is coming off a loss and if DC beats BC then it's a fair fight to make

Gustafsson would win impressively tbh.

If he dropped to LHW guaranteed the fight they give him would be against Phil Davis.

I don't want that to happen since I want both DC and Gus to fight/rematch Jones. Cormier vs Davis or Rashad/Sonnen would be better.

Says the Gus fanboy :)

Look at in perspective:
DC if not able to takedown Gustafsson and keep him down is losing the fight. Gustafsson is one of the slickest boxers in the game, he'd catch DC with something sooner or later. I don't think he's going to decision anytime soon anymore. He's left with that sour taste after the Jones fight, and is out to prove something. Which is very scary for his next opponent.

IDK

A lot of people want that Jones/Gus rematch more than anything. And quite honestly, I think a fight against Davis would probably make more sense when it comes winning wise. If DC wins against Nelson, he needs to fight someone that's close to the title with a win at LHW.

I think Dana wants them both to fight Jones. Why ruin one of their title shots? Davis makes more sense.

Gus would kill DC's hype. They won't make this fight anytime soon.

Sooooooooooooo, people are expecting him to just beat Cormier all around the octagon, but supposedly DC will handle Jones easily. EVEN THOUGH, Jones proved to be tough as nails and hard to put down. Wow, people really are delusional.

Sooooooooooooo, people are expecting him to just beat Cormier all around the octagon, but supposedly DC will handle Jones easily. EVEN THOUGH, Jones proved to be tough as nails and hard to put down. Wow, people really are delusional.

Not too many people think this. More people think Jones handles Cormier with ease. Neither extreme really backs up their opinions with any substance. Both Cormier and Gustafsson pose problems for each other (problems that neither has really dealt with, yet). It would be a great fight.

Not too many people think this. More people think Jones handles Cormier with ease. Neither extreme really backs up their opinions with any substance. Both Cormier and Gustafsson pose problems for each other (problems that neither has really dealt with, yet). It would be a great fight.

I agree with this post.

Waste of an opponent for Jones, the winner of that fight will definitely get Jones next but the loser loses marketability for a title shot. Gus rematch then DC two PPV people would buy (assuming DC wins convincingly tomorrow).

Back