DC still the better pure wrestler.

Mark Shultz will always be the best wrestler to compete in UFC.

Son, nobody was talking about NCAA Div I business. Medals mean nothing if you use them to declare superiority but can't win a championship. Grow up. :redface:

that wasnt my point but ok... you tried:redface:

moral victories are for minor league coaches. He lost where it mattered to both of them the most, in the octagon. People were saying how he was going to take Jones down at will and he got one in total, after a great deal of struggle. Jones took him down 3x. Better MMA wrestler: Jones.

did anyone ever say that DC was not the better pure wrestler??? I think everybody was saying that Jones is the better MMA wrestler...kind of like GSP was never a pure wrestler but his MMA wrestling was light years ahead of Kos and Fitch and well..everyone else.

I do think that if Cormier and Jones were both in their late 20s and fought against each other in freestyle wrestling Cormier would win handily. I mean, again, Cormier was an Olympian and Jones was a JUCO wrestler; JUCO wrestlers pretty much never get good enough to make a wrestling Olympic team. Comrier got good enough to transfer to a Div 1 wrestling school, I haven;t seen proof that as a JUCO wrestler Jones ever got good enough for Div colleges of that level to take notice. And he took Cael Sanderson to an 8-4 division; would Jones ever have had any chance ever of beating Cael in freestyle wrestling?

There is a little more context to Jones' situation. He was going be a d1 wrestler, but a baby came, so he went to MMA for the money. He most likely never fulfilled his potential solely as a wrestler.

Back