DC says he wants to fight Stipe by the summer or will retire

I like DC but wasnt his main beef was that Stipe was being spoiled and entitled demanding a rematch with DC and not working his way back up again? Wtf ?
Yes exactly he's a gigantic asshole and a huge hypocrite

Actually, Stipe just got the clearance to START training again about a week or so ago. (As in, he hasn't been able to do much at all for the past few months+ while the eye healed up). He's definitely being cautious given 1) he's older and healing is slower and 2) may have to fight the guy that poked his eye causing the injury again thus increasing the chance for more damage. Having said that, even if he wasn't, he's starting from a LONG way back since he hasn't been training so regardless of the opponent, it's gonna take a while to be heavyweight title fight ready. Cormier can bitch all he wants, when he was healthy he made Stipe wait until that Brock money chance faded. Karma is a bitch sometimes. In the end, he either wants the fight when Stipe is at his best or he doesn't (you insert the reason why). Personally, legit health reasons aside, I think it's a decent negotiating tactic by Stipe as well to potentially bank some more plus if the UFC wasn't so short sighted, they could build the crap out of the fight over time.

Let's not forget that at the time the DC-Lewis fight was made, DC went out of his way to say he wouldn't have fought Miocic at that time because he (DC) wasn't 100% healed from the broken hand he suffered from their first fight, nor would he fight Stipe at short notice. And said that Stipe should take that as a COMPLIMENT. Well Danny me boyo, just pretend Stipe is complimenting you right back.

"I want to permanently blind Stipe or I'll probably retire. Wait, what did I say? No, not 'permanently blind', I meant 'fight'. Whew, that was close."
"uh oh I said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud"

As a huge DC fan,If i am Stipe I could see him being over and done with DC. Its only fair,one for the eyepokes,and two,he had to wait a long time to get the rematch when the shoe was on the other foot.

DC was trying to go out in style,but its just become more trouble than its worth with the way things panned out with the lesnar fight not happening and him losing his belt.

Hes had a great career,he doesnt need to do more. If Stipe wont fight him,he should sail off.

It was already good of DC to give Stipe that rematch, if he doesn't return the favour then meh, shows the kind of character Stipe is.

Even though both fights were good, i just have no interest in this fight.

DC has no right to set time tables considering hes the one who caused Stipe to get major eye surgery. If he didnt try to gouge his eyes out he could have already had his rematch.

Stipe has nothing to prove against DC. KO’d him in their last fight, despite DC resorting to a bitch move like targeting the eyes, in both of their fights.
DC should have to earn a shot. Otherwise, good riddance.

nah, he's already earned a shot by KO'ing him in the first fight. They both had eye pokes. DC's antics in past year have been annoying but there's really no questioning whether he deserves a shot or not. It's a trilogy fight that should happen. We had Arlovski vs Sylvia 3x in the UFC. Hughes vs BJ 3x in the UFC. Camozzi vs Jacare 15x in the UFC. This is the fight to make, especially if it will be DC's last fight.

The only Trilogy fight I want to see DC in is against Pulse to the Gills 240 pound HW Jon Turinabones Jones...
<JonesLaugh>

the rest of the post is fine but just stop with this trash

he definitely grazed his eye with his fingers.

They both continued to fight after them and what happened happened.

It is what it is - Kenny Florian

This is the fight to make.
The two best HWs 1-1

DCs only HW round loss was to Stipe.
He definitely deserves a rematch

Back