DC ragdolls JJ

Destinatus

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Am I the only one who watched the DC vs Josh Barnett fight?

Jon Jones Height: 6'4"
Josh Barnett Height: 6'3"

Evidence:
[YT]WPtB8TXwxhc[/YT]

This fight goes one way: 5 rounds of DC on top of JJ pounding his face.

DC by decision in 5.

That wont happen simply because Jon has better footwork and mobility. Notice how Barnett tries to only use headmovement and plants his feet to dodge punches. Jon stretches out his hand and backpedals to avoid strikes.

I dont think Cormier will be able to get his hips in that deep on Jones. Against the cage it will be easier to defend TD's for Jon. Jon will probably get taken down though, just no high amplitude slams like that.

Jones does a really good job at keeping fighters at a distance, so the big question will be if DC can get inside Jones to even be able to get a takedown.

I hope you're right, but Jones is a lot more spry than the ol' Warmaster.

there's no doubt that DC can slam Jones or get him on his back, DC has the ability and strength to do it, he did it with Barnett who is nearly as tall but even heavier.

The question is if DC can get inside and grab ahold of Jones, if they get against the fence Jon will have better odds defending a TD....for DC to win this fight he'll have to be relentless on his TD's and if he manages to put Jones on his back, he needs to try to finish the fight with GnP, or catch him in the stand up.

I don't think this will be a fight like Caine and JDS where it was td after td, with gnp, i think Jones will be able to defend the td's better than most where every chance DC gets to put Jon on is back he'll need to take full advantage.....I don't think he'll win a decision, he needs to finish Jones, I think in 5 rounds Jones will be able to still win a decision by using his distance and trying to prevent DC from getting in close to grapple or take him down.

there's no doubt that DC can slam Jones or get him on his back, DC has the ability and strength to do it, he did it with Barnett who is nearly as tall but even heavier.

The question is if DC can get inside and grab ahold of Jones, if they get against the fence Jon will have better odds defending a TD....for DC to win this fight he'll have to be relentless on his TD's and if he manages to put Jones on his back, he needs to try to finish the fight with GnP, or catch him in the stand up.

I don't think this will be a fight like Caine and JDS where it was td after td, with gnp, i think Jones will be able to defend the td's better than most where every chance DC gets to put Jon on is back he'll need to take full advantage.....I don't think he'll win a decision, he needs to finish Jones, I think in 5 rounds Jones will be able to still win a decision by using his distance and trying to prevent DC from getting in close to grapple or take him down.

Holy shit I can't wait for these two to get locked in a cage tonight.

Winter is coming in my pants.

Just know this if Josh couldnt sub DC Jon has a 0.0001% chance....
#AndNEWUFCLHW

Wow Joe DC is already 11 for 13 in takedowns and we are only in round 2 Joe!

honestly don't see how Bones can prevent DC from closing the distance and doing serious damage

Am I the only one who watched the DC vs Josh Barnett fight?

Jon Jones Height: 6'4"
Josh Barnett Height: 6'3"

Evidence:
[YT]WPtB8TXwxhc[/YT]

This fight goes one way: 5 rounds of DC on top of JJ pounding his face.

DC by decision in 5.

None of the HW's except maybe Cain and JDS compare to Jones.
Hopefully this logic is put to rest now.

Back