DC opens at -550 over Roy Nelson

I miss the days when you could get Roy's top-10 opponnents(guys he has no business in there with) at near even like Werdum & Mir. He had tons of dumb fans who also aparrently bet at that time. They must have learned their lesson or something becaue Roy's odds arent improving. They aint betting on him anymore.

Cormier is a smart fighter. A game planner. Roy has one weapon, literally one, the right hand. Also it's an overhand right which won't be so easy to land effectively on Cormier who moves his head well, level changes a lot, is short and doesn't fight standing up straight. I would be flabbergasted if Cormier doesn't manage to negate this. He's well aware Roy has a great chin so I don't see him throwing any overcommited haymakers trying to take him out. So I think the odds are fair.

Don't get me wrong in no world should Roy be favored but 5.5 to 1 is absurd, specially when you factor in the Mir Curse. Roy at +375 will receive 100$ of my dollars...

What say you?
I'm not betting on it, but I am pulling for Roy. I'd love to see what this does to the title picture, should he win.

I'm thinking this fight is going to be an upset. Roy Nelson is a dangerous opponent for any heavy weight and, hes going to be fighting a guy who doesn't hold an absolutely enormous reach/height advantage over him.

Cormier is a smart fighter. A game planner. Roy has one weapon, literally one, the right hand. Also it's an overhand right which won't be so easy to land effectively on Cormier who moves his head well, level changes a lot, is short and doesn't fight standing up straight. I would be flabbergasted if Cormier doesn't manage to negate this. He's well aware Roy has a great chin so I don't see him throwing any overcommited haymakers trying to take him out. So I think the odds are fair.

I agree completely. Nelson's "puncher's chance" (which usually only lasts during the first 3 minutes) is VERY low in this fight.

Are you talking about Cormier?! What makes you think he has a questionable chin? or poor cardio?

Yep. Cormier's cardio was good for 5 rounds against Barnett. When's the last time Roy has looked good for even 3 rounds?

Last edited:
-550 sounds fine, honestly. Roy has nothing for Cormier except an overhand right, which a decent striker should be able to avoid if they know it's coming. All DC has to do is avoid being backed up against the fence and made to circle into Nelson's right. Roy isn't as good a wrestler, is probably one of few HWs who are actually smaller than DC, and nowadays he doesn't use any other aspects of his game besides setting up haymakers.

That's big odds against someone who can end the fight in an instant

The odds are that bad for a reason - it's still free money though. Bet the house on Cormier.

Don't waste 100$.That'd get you a lot of burgers.It's what Roy would do.

They should never have booked this squash match. You've got an undefeated guy coming off a string of marquee wins fighting a journeyman who's coming off a bad loss.

It's a gimmie fight for Cormier

Yep. Cormier's cardio was good for 5 rounds against Barnett. When's the last time Roy has looked good for even 3 rounds?

His cardio looked bad against Mir.

Back