DC opens at -550 over Roy Nelson

BuiltRoyTough

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong in no world should Roy be favored but 5.5 to 1 is absurd, specially when you factor in the Mir Curse. Roy at +375 will receive 100$ of my dollars...

What say you?

Questionable chin, doesn't like getting hit and poor cardio. I'd say it's worth a gamble.

Surprised it's that low. Roy is better at pretty much nothing apart from being a hard puncher and being able to absorb punishment. This is a tuneup fight for Cormier.

Its cuz Nelson has never beaten anyone in the top 10 and Cormier is top 3 in the best HW era :)

Roy as always faltered against top competition

DC is just better everywhere

Appropriate

I think DC wins but their is definitely value in Big Country.

Don't get me wrong in no world should Roy be favored but 5.5 to 1 is absurd, specially when you factor in the Mir Curse. Roy at +375 will receive 100$ of my dollars...

What say you?

roy did me dirty on the miocic fight. i learned my lesson, and this time i will watch from a safe distance.

No chance I put money on Cormier at those odds. Just not worth it when he doesn't have a great reach or movement advantage like Stipe did and you have to bet heavy to win anything. But there's also no chance I throw away more than a few bucks on Roy.

I might put some of my vCash on Roy at those odds, although I expect DC to get the W.

If DC played that safe against Mir, i don't even wanna see what he'll do with Roy....
I wish Roy would knock his block off, but i have a hard time visualizing it...

Agreed.

I'm also interested what the prop on DC by points will be. I don't see him knocking out Ironhead and a sub is even less likely.

Same here.
Looking foward to see the props 'fight starts round 2' and 'fight starts round 3'.

Surprised it's that low. Roy is better at pretty much nothing apart from being a hard puncher and being able to absorb punishment. This is a tuneup fight for Cormier.

I think you're forgetting Nelson's BJJ we hardly ever see it but by all accounts it's second to none.

Cormier opened up @ -380. The market has bet him up to -565. I couldn't really disagree with early DC backers although it's too rich for my blood now.

getGraph.php

If you're gonna bet Roy, wait till it's the week of the fight, or better yet, <24 hours... The price will get considerably better than +375 as the juice narrows, parlay money comes in on DC and perhaps people fade Roy for his physique once again... I've seen the recent pics and it's the same story every Roy fight... I won't be impressed with any prefight potential conditioning improvements, lip service on the Countdown show or not, until I see a noticeable change in his physique at weigh-ins.

JMO. GL

I have no idea what DC's gameplan is going to be. Wall&stall could be dangerous against roy but gnp could also be dangerous with his BJJ...

I have no idea what DC's gameplan is going to be. Wall&stall could be dangerous against roy but gnp could also be dangerous with his BJJ...

When has Roy shown much off of his back? Barnett is better than Roy at everything grappling related and Cormier took him on in that area and had notable success.

I think you're forgetting Nelson's BJJ we hardly ever see it but by all accounts it's second to none.

Barnett had nothing for Cormier on the ground when they fought, and Barnett is either the #1 or #2 submission fighter in the division. Who has Nelson displayed a great ability to use his Jiu Jitsu against since TUF? It's not even a part of his MMA game anymore.

Back