Media DC on Islam's Strategy

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score

Cliffs

- Islam DC and Khabib were on a group chat discussing how no one ranked is willing to fight Islam, they decided Islam will smash everyone the UFC offers and this will force a title shot
- DC knows "for a fact" that a number of top 10 fighters were offered but refused to fight Islam (he specifically names Felder and RDA)
- says if Islam was matched up with everyone the odds may favour him against every top 10 LW, so these guys aren't wanting to take that risk
- Ariel said Gaethje maybe won't fight Islam because they share the same manager and DC cuts him off saying no Islam would fight Gaethje
- DC expresses annoyance that the "natural progression" isn't being followed where Islam on a win streak should be able to get higher ranked opponents

i wanna see him fight Gillespie
Ferreira, Gregor, Lee, Dariush, Al or Oliveira - anyone with a ground game. Everything else is a waste of time. But he should get a higher ranked guy, this isn't right. Even Cowboy would be at least some kind of a name, finally, for him.

Lee has been calling for a fight with everyone on a 3 fight losing streak or who've been out of action for a few years. Get him in there with Ackmed's boy and let them bang

I don't think they want to fight hime because he smells like a goat

greece-goats.jpg

Shields was a beast, outstruck him so bad that GSP had to go for takedowns to try and score points

Ferreira, Gregor, Lee, Dariush, Al or Oliveira - anyone with a ground game. Everything else is a waste of time. But he should get a higher ranked guy, this isn't right. Even Cowboy would be at least some kind of a name, finally, for him.

def not cowboy !!

Lee looks good but he wants 170 now

Tony ? nah man what a waste of time

Justin is open !!

Islam would maul anyone in the LW division. The fighters ahead of him are well aware of that and don't wanna get embarrassed inside that octagon. Dober got humiliated.

Cliffs

- Islam DC and Khabib were on a group chat discussing how no one ranked is willing to fight Islam, they decided Islam will smash everyone the UFC offers and this will force a title shot
- DC knows "for a fact" that a number of top 10 fighters were offered but refused to fight Islam (he specifically names Felder and RDA)
- says if Islam was matched up with everyone the odds may favour him against every top 10 LW, so these guys aren't wanting to take that risk
- Ariel said Gaethje maybe won't fight Islam because they share the same manager and DC cuts him off saying no Islam would fight Gaethje
- DC expresses annoyance that the "natural progression" isn't being followed where Islam on a win streak should be able to get higher ranked opponents

Thanks for the cliffs good sir
giphy.gif

.... Justin is open !!
Bro, Justin has no groundgame. I get it if you want that fight as an easy lay up to get Mak up there, but it would be a shit fight. As soon as Khabib grabbed a hold of G, it was over - first round the time ran out. 2nd round - it went even easier and Justin didn't really show much knowledge down there.

I think it's a waste of an entertaining fighter. RDA, Felder, Conor, Doostin 2, Hooker, Chandler - these are the fights for Gaethje.

Just my opinion. I mean, it's not like I wouldn't watch, but still. And, yeah, you're right - Lee wanted WW, forgot about it.

I love how they try to make Ariel look masculine in those cartoons.. and he is still a bitch.

Gotta love this attitude.

A fight with Chandler would make sense, and Chandler seems like the kind of guy who would fight anyone.

Lol Chandler ducked Islam hard...when called on it (on his social media) he lied saying he didn't know who Islam was. Khabib responded with this:

Dude, he's already fought a slew of high level wrestlers and BJJ guys and beaten them all. Davi Ramos was a ADCC champion and Tsurkiyan is the best freestyle wrestler in the division after Islam.

DC is right, staying active is the best way for Islam to keep rising in the rankings. He'll now move to #9 with Olivera winning the title and assuming he wins his next fight, he'll be just outside the top 5 and will be 1-2 fights away from a title shot.

Back