DC obviously cut weight

I'm only about 170 and I weigh 5 lbs more at night than I do first thing in the morning before breakfast.

DC being a bigger guy and probably carb loading before his fight and maybe doing his ritual pre-fight sauna can explain 10 or more lbs.

Maybe he just followed his usual pre-fight routine of cutting weight and rehydrateing... But it was obviously not needed
I did notice in a lot of training footage he was sweating a lot and doing a lot of high intensity bike exercises with all his sweats on. Its like he was specifically trying to cut water weight, just seemed pointless to me

I don't know if or why DC would cut weight, but gaining 8 lbs in one day is entirely possible. It would just be mostly water. Have a couple high sodium meals. Happens to me all the time. I'm around 200, so I would think it would be harder for someone weighing 140, but I believe it.

For a professional athlete, if he didnt make any training session but kept his diet, it is enough to put on some weight

It was posted here on Sherdog in another thread... (I think it was the one about the CSAC and the weight cutting thing) that the weight listed for DC for the fight isnt fully accurate. The fight weight he did he was fully dressed in jeans with his wallet and such in his pockets. Despite this, we keep getting threads about why he cut and gained so much weight. I imagine he gained a bit, but not the amount that keeps getting brought up in these threads quoting the numbers with no context.

On my lunch break so I cant hunt down the thread to link to it, but what he was wearing was brought up in the numbers by the CSAC.

You're trying to tell us you gained 8 lbs overnight by eating Roscoe's.

To clarify, you think you consumed over 8 lbs worth of food and drink. That's an actual thought you have.

And you think DC ate over 10lbs of food. To clarify, that's also what you're claiming here, correct? That DC ate over 10lbs worth of food and drink in a single day, and held onto all of it before fight night's weigh-in.
It’s not impossible. A gallon of water weighs 7 pounds.

A guy his size can easily vary 8lbs over the course of a day.

Maybe the buffet was really good that day.

Back