DC Looked Especially Small In There With Jon Jones

Fosheez**

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know Jon Jones towers over almost everyone in the LHW division but Cornier looked like a little kid next to Jones. I don't remember shogun, rashad or even machida who is fighting at 185 look that small next to Jones.

Maybe Jones was right that DC only beat an old man in hendo. I don't see him fairing well against the top lhw contenders like rumble, gus and rashad.

Unless you think Jones is bigger than Bigfoot or Barnett, I'm not sure what you were expecting DC to look like in there. He has always been a smaller guy with freakish speed and strength to make up for it.

I had to rub my eyes a few times. It was WTF o'clock in the morning where I am and I thought I was hallucinating. I immediately plunged another

There is no question he'll have more trouble in the far superior lhw division. He should go back to fighting slow HWs since he's not going to be champ at 205.

He didn't, dunno why people are imagining these things.

jon_jones_650.jpeg

There is no question he'll have more trouble in the far superior lhw division. He should go back to fighting slow HWs since he's not going to be champ at 205.

Other than Gustafsson and maybe Johnson (although I don't think Johnson beats him), who has the skillset to beat Cormier at LHW?

Even Cormier with his T-rex arms was still able to win the first 3 rounds. Should've got the title

Well, Jon is 6-7 inches taller and probably weighed more when they stepped in the ring. So yeah, he's quite a bit smaller.

Other than Gustafsson and maybe Johnson (although I don't think Johnson beats him), who has the skillset to beat Cormier at LHW?

Well there's jones, possibly davis (who can negate his strength and wrestling like jones did), i'd like to see a glover match. Rashad would be interesting if he was still interested in fighting. I'd also like to see machida fight him, but that seems unlikely. Even if he beats these guys, or guys like bader and osp, it'll be harder than speedballing the hw division.

At hw there is maybe JDS and then Cain. He probably works werdum. Hw has 3 fighters, maybe 4, worth thinking about.

Cormier, like nelson, will do better against the slow, lumbering HWs than he will at lhw or mw.

Well there's jones, possibly davis (who can negate his strength and wrestling like jones did), i'd like to see a glover match. Rashad would be interesting if he was still interested in fighting. I'd also like to see machida fight him, but that seems unlikely. Even if he beats these guys, or guys like bader and osp, it'll be harder than speedballing the hw division.

I agree with Davis, though he likely would have to make it extremely ugly, and still have no room for error.

Rashad... Just can't see it.

If Lil Nog could outwork him so easily with distance and footwork, he would have real trouble with Cormier.

Evans had been inactive as hell lately too.

At hw there is maybe JDS and then Cain. He probably works werdum. Hw has 3 fighters, maybe 4, worth thinking about.

Cormier, like nelson, will do better against the slow, lumbering HWs than he will at lhw or mw.

HW is shallow, but the LHW isn't actually all that much deeper. Jones, Gustafsson, and Johnson are all extremely talented and compelling going forward. Davis matches up terribly with Cormier, he'd have very little chance in that fight. Glover would be more compelling, but he looked god awful against Davis. Rashad could probably make for a decent fight, but he is inferior to Cormier in all respects. Machida could have posed some problems stylistically, but he doesn't compete at the weight. Bader and OSP are easy work. The elite at both HW and LHW are very legitimate, but it falls off quickly (it falls off faster at HW, but LHW is hardly teeming with talent once you get past #5).

I know Jon Jones towers over almost everyone in the LHW division but Cornier looked like a little kid next to Jones. I don't remember shogun, rashad or even machida who is fighting at 185 look that small next to Jones.

Maybe Jones was right that DC only beat an old man in hendo. I don't see him fairing well against the top lhw contenders like rumble, gus and rashad.

:rolleyes:

I guess I missed when Rashad turned into Jones???? Maybe Rashad grew over night and his reach expanded too???

yep, typical Sherdog logic, fighter loses for the first time and any fighter on a current win streak can beat him cause he SUCKZZZZZ....

People are so quick to defend Jones they are missing what the OP is saying. They aren't saying Jones is the largest mass that DC ever fought. He's just saying he looked proportionally small compared to Jones.

Jones is the tallest man DC ever fought. And given he has a HW frame with a quality ectomorphic bodytype.... Jones just has that gift of genetics.

Back