DC knows whats up - not fans of him but jones haters

I think he was talking about the people rooting so hard against jones. Of course dc has some fans. he's an awesome fighter and seems like a nice guy.

I think he was talking about the people rooting so hard against jones. Of course dc has some fans. he's an awesome fighter and seems like a nice guy.

DC understands what a bandwagon is

Cormier made someone happy tonight, as a fan of him i appreciate that aspect.

Good interviews but shitty stare down.

Not really... Cheering for the opponent of someone you hate is pretty natural. Having that many haters on the other hand... Not normal.

Exactly, it's not normal to be that successful and beat so many guys people idolized like it was nothing.

It's a good line but he has real fans, he's the man!

He tapped into something important, a part of Jones' psyche. Jon Jones wants to be loved, he comes out, throws shirts to people, and has spent years trying to cultivate his image and be careful about what he says etc. Cormier is basically telling him to his face that as hard as he tries people are not going to love him. It goes back to the "You are so fake" comment. It's his way if messing with Jones' mind. Not unlike how Jones was making fun of DC's body type etc. These two seem to know how to really hurt the other guy, it's an fascinating match up of psychological warfare.

Says more of the so called fans.

How so?

People want athletes to be role models...not jackasse's.

Jon Jones is the worst person to ever hold an MMA title imo, and I really hope he loses tomorrow, but as a long time fan I do know that eh can walk away the victor again...his knee's might be cormiers biggest problem....that and eyepokes, oblique kicks and other moves that can seriously injure a fighter.

HOPEFULLY the ref makes sure Jones loses pts this time around and not receive multiple warnings....if he had lost a pt like he should have vs Gus he would have lost.

Pffft, if you're not a fan of Cormier after he beat Snowman, Bigfoot, Barnett.... you craycray.

Oh for fucks sake, grow up.

If you have an issue with what somebody's claiming, argue with the actual case their missing. This is a call out thread against nobody in particular, adressing no argument. It has no use outside of possibly satisfying your own passive agressive tendencies.

How so?

People want athletes to be role models...not jackasse's.

Jon Jones is the worst person to ever hold an MMA title imo, and I really hope he loses tomorrow, but as a long time fan I do know that eh can walk away the victor again...his knee's might be cormiers biggest problem....that and eyepokes, oblique kicks and other moves that can seriously injure a fighter.

HOPEFULLY the ref makes sure Jones loses pts this time around and not receive multiple warnings....if he had lost a pt like he should have vs Gus he would have lost.
I don't want role models. I want badass fighters to entertain me in the cage.
Fighters should not be role models, they inflict violence on other people for a living.

I don't want role models. I want badass fighters to entertain me in the cage.
Fighters should not be role models, they inflict violence on other people for a living.

Great mentality to have, I assume you do not have children? Or do you support the youth of our world aiming to be assholes?

Glad to see that even DC admits this fact and if he lose they will just move along.

That is very true. They really don't want Jones or DC to be champ in reality. But they definitely don't want Jones being champ for any longer creating a nice big legacy like he has and breaking records like he is doing.

Hate on Gus nuthuggers.

Great mentality to have, I assume you do not have children? Or do you support the youth of our world aiming to be assholes?
I wouldn't let my child watch mma. The fact they are assholes doesn't really matter when they are beating the shit out of each other. If you wanna glorify a fighter, that is your problem. For me, they are entertainment only, not role models and should not be treated as such.

Exactly, it's not normal to be that successful and beat so many guys people idolized like it was nothing.

Not what I said, but that's not normal either. Neither is being a cage fighter.

If you're implying that's why he's widely disliked, I think you're very wrong.

Back