DC is wasting everyone at the top of LHW's time. Fighters shouldn't be allowed to hold 2 belts

While I understand that. Gus literally just pulled out. If shogun had won you could argue since Gus is injured and there isn't much else in the wasteland, whole not the absolute best choice it would make sense. But he didn't and gus is injured and apparently so is everyone else. I don't think shogun on a 4 fight streak would have been a terrible choice out of what is actually available considering DC is fighting Brock in not to long. I get that you want Gus to fight and that it makes sense but again the time is limited and right now Gus is sidelined
I like Gus because he is a top fighter and his fights with DC and Jones were FOTY level and both super close SDs. Who wouldn't want to see that fight? DC isn't looking to book a fight in a week. His Brock Fight can't be any sooner then Jan or any later then March. That means he can fight Dec or Jan and still get he Brock fight in. BTW DC calling for Shogun as being Deserving was well in advance of Gus being pulled from UFC 227. He also declared Gus had to do "Something Special" to earn a fight but Shogun's hypothetical 4 fight streak included no one in the top 5 and 3 were not even top 10. That sets the bar for "Special" pretty low.

DC holding that belt is the only thing keeping that division alive. What a fall from grace.

I'm not biased on who is champ I just want to see someone come up and take the belt and then defend it.

The belt becomes a joke if it sits out for years waiting for money fights and getting vacated.

I want it active.
As you say this, it sounds like you're really talking more about a previous beltholder at a lower weight than the guy who defended the belt multiple times (including not too long ago), and also doesn't have a clear number one contender.
<FookIsThatGuy>

DC holding that belt is the only thing keeping that division alive. What a fall from grace.
Oh, but "New Breed, evolution of the sport, etc."<{cruzshake}>

But he's retiring and retiring fighters are allowed to stall 1 or more divisions out in order to get "money fights" because something something

He's not stalling a division.

If LHW had a clear cut number 1 contender, DC would probably take the fight.

The same can be said for HW. There's just no clear contender.

i think dana wants dc to keep lhw belt. cuz he wants to make DC vs Jones 3 that's one of thw biggest fights UFC can make beside conoand i think ufc will make this fight happen.

QED Blachowicz now has 4 wins back to back in less than a year with 3 POTNs. If Cormier won't face him, which he won't, that belt needs to be put up for grabs.

because they can't defend them both - he obviously isn't going back down to 205 so he should vacate or be stripped.

090_Daniel_Cormier.1531026694.jpg
Fuck sharing belts. Bitch.
giphy.gif

If the UFC stripped DC and gave that belt to someone else, less than 1% of fans would view that person as the actual champ. Already many dont view DC as champ because he lost to Jones twice. Another paper champ would be the third cousin of UFC champs

because they can't defend them both - he obviously isn't going back down to 205 so he should vacate or be stripped.

090_Daniel_Cormier.1531026694.jpg
Fighters shouldn't be allowed to have two belts...?

As decided by whom? The company that gave them the chance to fight for to belts in the first place.

Do you see the contradiction in your statement?

You goofs always blame the fighters.

He just beat Volkan this year. The fuck are you on about TS?

If the UFC stripped DC and gave that belt to someone else, less than 1% of fans would view that person as the actual champ. Already many dont view DC as champ because he lost to Jones twice. Another paper champ would be the third cousin of UFC champs

I'm not saying take it from DC and give it to someone else. I'm saying strip it from DC and the 2 top contenders fight for it. Blachowicz vs Gustafsson presumably.

He just wants to retire the champ champ
He'll drop both belts in a few months after beating Brawk
Injuries and McGregors have held up divisions way longer
Just let it happen.

Man, shut the fuck up

Not only did DC defend the LHW belt less than a year ago (8 months) but as of right now there is no clear cut #1 contender at LHW that DC hasn't already snuffed. Lastly, DC is set to retire in the next 7 months so the title will be relinquished by then at the latest.
Verbally beat, white meat, white teeth.

Dana hates Stipe, so I think he's content with DC holding HW for a while.
<DC-Champ>

As regards LHW, everyone is waiting for Jones to return.

<JonesLaugh>

Everyone, except DC.
<DCrying>

Man, shut the fuck up

Not only did DC defend the LHW belt less than a year ago (8 months) but as of right now there is no clear cut #1 contender at LHW that DC hasn't already snuffed. Lastly, DC is set to retire in the next 7 months so the title will be relinquished by then at the latest.
Exactly. What is it that TS wants to see happen at LHW? There is no number one contender.

Is he dying to see Anthony Smith vs. Volkan Oezdemir for the title?

DC just defended the fucking title.

Exactly. What is it that TS wants to see happen at LHW? There is no number one contender.

Is he dying to see Anthony Smith vs. Volkan Oezdemir for the title?

DC just defended the fucking title.

In your world 'just' means eight months ago?

Good to know.

DC is just playing the game, good for him.

But UFC shouldn't expect much interest for some random matches without a belt in the picture.

Back