DC is wasting everyone at the top of LHW's time. Fighters shouldn't be allowed to hold 2 belts

DC has defended the title half a year more recently than Gus has last fought. If Gus had fought and won at 227 I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but he said he was injured. Corey Anderson's win streak is as good as Gus's.
Cory is on a 2 fight win streak beating Glover and Patrick Cummings after a loss to OSP. Gus beat Glover and Blachowicz. The difference is Sherdog has 25/8 ranked 10th and Gus 2nd, UFC rankings have Gus as the #1 contender with Corey 6th, ESPN has LHW with DC 1, Jones 2 (suspended), Gus 3 which makes Gus the #1 contender with Corey at #9 (5th in UFC since they have Bellator fighters in rankings).

Gus is far and away the consensus #1 contender at LHW. DC was scrambling for Shogun or anyone else not named Gus so you can't argue that DC isn't trying to pick an easy defense so he can say he did it and not risk his Brock payday. The honorable thing to do is defend it against Gus or admit he is fighting Brock and retiring. They can even claim it is unclear if DC can defend after a Brock fight and create an Interim title fight with Gus vs Volkan and they can put it on the Dec card in Toronto so the winner can be made the full champ if DC is too injured to defend by his March deadline.

Simply spouting lies like Shogun is stupid and there is no other reason for that fight. Has anyone been calling for a DC vs Shogun match up? At least the Bisping vs Hendo 2 MW title fight had a history and with it being Hendo's last fight there was a reason for Bisping to take it. DC is actively making himself look like a DUCK and I like DC.

The ONLY fight he has left at 205 is Gus....

We know he wants no part of that. Fighting anyone else it a total waste of time....

Claiming a guy 2-2 in his last 4 deserves a title shot is embarrasing
Every ranking has Gus ranked as the #1 Contender.
DC claimed Shogun (who I am a fan of) deserved a title shot with a win over a non ranked MW in Anthony Smith. Had that happened Shogun would have beaten a MW turned LHW who isn't ranked at all, Gian Villante who isn't ranked, Corey Anderson who was ranked # 10 LHW at the time and Little Nog who isn't ranked. How is that better than Gus beating top 3 Glover, Jan Blachowicz and losing a razor thin SD to DC and losing to the #1 contender at the time in Rumble. When you are fighting lower level comp and still are win one lose one like Shogun its not the same as fighting the top of the division. DC called for a fight with a non contender. Champs defend they don't become the matchmaker.

I’m giving him a pass this time assuming he’ll retire soon.

Isn't he fighting 205 next? So everything is good.

Just looking at the concept of a double champion theoretically and not at DC specifically, it's fine conceptually.

If a double champion fights four times a year, two defenses in each class, then why not? That's more than most championships are defended as it is now.

If your argument is DC won't do that, so he should vacate, that's fine. The idea that it shouldn't be allowed is nine kinds of bullshit.

because they can't defend them both - he obviously isn't going back down to 205 so he should vacate or be stripped.

090_Daniel_Cormier.1531026694.jpg
I consider myself a big DC fan, but I agree. I don't like the idea of one fighter owning two belts.

Did Gus JUST pull out due to injury not even a month ago? He said it wasn't serious but its being reported as fairly serious, before that he was out with shoulder surgery. Let him show up to fight before saying DC is ducking. I like Gus and would love to see it, but its PRETTTYYYYYY obvious that he is almost Cain like in his ability to make it to the cage.

They should only be allowed to simultaneously hold belts in multiple divisions IF they fight twice as often.

DC claimed Shogun (who I am a fan of) deserved a title shot with a win over a non ranked MW in Anthony Smith. Had that happened Shogun would have beaten a MW turned LHW who isn't ranked at all, Gian Villante who isn't ranked, Corey Anderson who was ranked # 10 LHW at the time and Little Nog who isn't ranked. How is that better than Gus beating top 3 Glover, Jan Blachowicz and losing a razor thin SD to DC and losing to the #1 contender at the time in Rumble. When you are fighting lower level comp and still are win one lose one like Shogun its not the same as fighting the top of the division. DC called for a fight with a non contender. Champs defend they don't become the matchmaker.

Its better then Gus because Shogun showed up and won the fights and wasn't injured and would have been on a 4 fight streak. Shogun doesn't usually pull out of fights, Gus has now had multiple fights scratched from injuries. I believe he is the #1 contender when he is healthy, but he hasn't shown a great track record of showing up to the cage. As for Champs defend they don't matchmake, that hasn't been the way its gone for a while, I dont agree it should be that case, but DC has a stated retirement date and is a double champ, if shogun would have won his last one he would have a better current resume then most of the other LHWs on the roster, which just shows how fucked LHW is.

Gus should get a title shot again, once he stops hurting himself

If a guy that has a 50% winning record over about a 4 year time period is the #1 contender then you have no contenders. He doesn't it and just pulled out of a fight anyway claiming to be hurt. If he is hurt how can he fight.

Man, shut the fuck up

Not only did DC defend the LHW belt less than a year ago (8 months) but as of right now there is no clear cut #1 contender at LHW that DC hasn't already snuffed. Lastly, DC is set to retire in the next 7 months so the title will be relinquished by then at the latest.

Since when are we OK with champs defending every 8 months? Once a year is all you want? Remember when it used to be 2-3 times a year? Contenders got their chance. Those were the days.

Its better then Gus because Shogun showed up and won the fights and wasn't injured and would have been on a 4 fight streak. Shogun doesn't usually pull out of fights, Gus has now had multiple fights scratched from injuries. I believe he is the #1 contender when he is healthy, but he hasn't shown a great track record of showing up to the cage. As for Champs defend they don't matchmake, that hasn't been the way its gone for a while, I dont agree it should be that case, but DC has a stated retirement date and is a double champ, if shogun would have won his last one he would have a better current resume then most of the other LHWs on the roster, which just shows how fucked LHW is.

Gus should get a title shot again, once he stops hurting himself
DC has had as many injuries as Gus. Not only is Gus way ahead of Shogun in the rightful pecking order but so are most of the top 10 LHWs but DC calling Shogun for a title defense was blatantly Ducking. Putting whether you like Gus or not aside DC can't say Shogun is deserving with any truthfulness.

DC has had as many injuries as Gus. Not only is Gus way ahead of Shogun in the rightful pecking order but so are most of the top 10 LHWs but DC calling Shogun for a title defense was blatantly Ducking. Putting whether you like Gus or not aside DC can't say Shogun is deserving with any truthfulness.

While I understand that. Gus literally just pulled out. If shogun had won you could argue since Gus is injured and there isn't much else in the wasteland, whole not the absolute best choice it would make sense. But he didn't and gus is injured and apparently so is everyone else. I don't think shogun on a 4 fight streak would have been a terrible choice out of what is actually available considering DC is fighting Brock in not to long. I get that you want Gus to fight and that it makes sense but again the time is limited and right now Gus is sidelined

If a guy that has a 50% winning record over about a 4 year time period is the #1 contender then you have no contenders. He doesn't it and just pulled out of a fight anyway claiming to be hurt. If he is hurt how can he fight.
Whether you like the state of the division or not Gus is the consensus #1 contender. He also had the most competitive fight anyone has had with DC not named Jon Jones. DC is clearly afraid to fight Gus again because if he loses the Brock fight is at risk. All he needs to do is shut up but instead he runs his mouth about Gus not sharing the Octagon with him again and Shogun Deserving a title Shot. Just looks so incredibly bad.

I like DC and I respect his accomplishments. But the UFC needs to let him retire and be a commentator or he can stay and fight the TRUE GOAT, Jon Jones for the actual GOAT status. I don't give two fucks if DC fights Brock :eek::eek::eek:ner or the Queen of England. Anyone who isn't a retard wants to see Jones vs Cormier 3.

Back