DC is wasting everyone at the top of LHW's time. Fighters shouldn't be allowed to hold 2 belts

Let them fight each other for interim belts until DC retires. LHW is trash anyway and UFC belts mean nothing so why you mad?

because they can't defend them both - he obviously isn't going back down to 205 so he should vacate or be stripped.

090_Daniel_Cormier.1531026694.jpg
Who's going to strip him?

The company that just let him fight for the title?
Or the company who is waiting on Lesnar to clear for a HW fight?

Its not hard to understand, Jon Jones came through and destroyed the LHW division. Wrecking most of the old guard. Than DC came behind him and finished off what was left. The lhw division IS DC vs JJ, everyone else is third best or worse.
Gustaffson is 2-2 out of his last 4, and DC already best him once. The fact that he is the CLEAR #1 contender is a sad state of affairs for the division.
Let DC do what he wants. Hold a lhw Grand Prix and by the time its over either DC can fight the winner or he will be retired and the winner can be the undisputed champ. (Not champ champ though)

LHW is in shambles, there's no one near contendership that Cormier hasn't beaten.

Latifi has one name win and was ko'd just two fights prior, Smith beat two old past their prime fighters (one retiring immediately after the fight) and was finished prior to those two fights by a middleweight, OSP lost two fights ago by sub to Latifi, Corey Anderson is 2-2 in his last four and beat 37 and 38 year olds (one a former contender though in Glover) in his two wins, Manuwa lost his last two and is 2-3 in his last 5. Blachowitz won his last three, but lost two in a row before that (though one to majority decision to Cummings), his issue is more so that he only beaten Manuwa recently, and beat Latifi four years ago, but has no other name wins that have any current relevancy to the division. Krylov is also on a win streak, though four fights, but lost to Cirkunov just over a year and a half ago in his last UFC fight.

These fighters need to develop a true contender among themselves while adding in Oezdemir and Gus to that mix. Fights coming up seem to help with Manuwa vs. Glover, Smith vs. Oezdemir, and Blachowicz vs. Krylov. Gustafsson is not as active as he should be given he's clearly the best guy that isn't champ, he barely fights.
Cormier isn't holding anything in the division up as a true contender needs two wins in their next two fights over these listed fighters, and even then that could be asking a lot and they may need three wins given the low name/drawing power of anyone not named Gustafsson (and so wins over other names wouldn't mean much to the general public).

I agree and also DC won with Stipe by eye poke. Another cheater like Jones.

These rationalisations remind me of the argument that HW should have a 265 cap so fighters have a low body fat percentage.

It's supposed to be fighting not a bodybuilding competition.

Argue why so and so or so and so isn't worth a TS.

The top fighters, whoever you deem them to be, should have a belt to fight for. It's supposed to be fighting not collecting numbers.

I totally agree, their is no way you can defend 2 belts 3 times a year and that use to be what Dana wanted if the champions was healthy but since they fight the hardest fights injuries is always a concern.

That division is a mess right meow, and he plans to defend..

because they can't defend them both - he obviously isn't going back down to 205 so he should vacate or be stripped.

090_Daniel_Cormier.1531026694.jpg

The way champions fight nowadays (once a year), he can easily defend both.
The thing is: he already said he is retiring.
Why the fuck UFC allows a guy who is retiring fight for a belt... THAT is what I don't understand.

That division is worthless . Literally , It generates no buzz. This not 2008 that division is maybe the worst in mma . Not only in ufc but In other organizations

I like DC a lot but bouncing from 205 to 240 in a short perioud of time won't be healthy specially at this stage, I say let him defend the LHW belt one more time and make a full move to HW, 1 or 2 defenses at HW before retiring would be fantastic and he will be the only one to defend both belts simultaneously, just my 2 cents

I totally agree, their is no way you can defend 2 belts 3 times a year and that use to be what Dana wanted if the champions was healthy but since they fight the hardest fights injuries is always a concern.
0 champions defend 3 towns a year so you can’t hold DC to that standard.
Even if he defended each belt within a 12 month period he would be on par with all other champions. He hasn’t held up either division at this point in time.

While I agree with the sentiment, he is going to likely fight once more and then retire. Does it really matter ?

Normally I would say yes but looking at 205 what exactly is he holding back ? we just have 1 name Gus and he ain't fighting.. too much inactivity.

LHW isn't stacked we can't even have 5 top names worthy of fighting for a belt so in this situation I'm not stressing if he drags his feet for a few extra months.

Dude it's been a month, and there is no clear contender. Who should fight for this coveted LHW belt? The LHW situation is not the same as the LW and FW title picture, gtfo with that shit. Just come out and say what you really want to say, I'm a DC hater.

Volkan the bar brawler vs Patrick Cummins the barista brawler for the UFC LHW king

lol that belt is fucking trash

Ryan Bader is the best LHW on the planet

Man, shut the fuck up

Not only did DC defend the LHW belt less than a year ago (8 months) but as of right now there is no clear cut #1 contender at LHW that DC hasn't already snuffed. Lastly, DC is set to retire in the next 7 months so the title will be relinquished by then at the latest.
/thread

He has said he is going to defend the belts and leave. That's more than a certain other person offered to do.

Oh wait, there's nobody atop The LHW div. Derp

Back