DC is the bigger, stronger man.

I haven't followed DC's fights as closely I should have. I didn't know he had so many people picking him for the win. I knew he had world-class wrestling and heavy hands, but wow, this is going to be a hell of a fight! I love Joe Rogan's reaction during the weigh-in as well. He loves the game more than anyone!

DC is legit but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the primary reason so many people are picking him isn't deeply rooted in Jon Jones hate.

TS is correct, not sure why peoole question that, Cormier is bigger and stronger, Jones is taller. But hard to tell by how much.

As for the size, should be measured by volume/frame, not height/reach :).

Sherdogers are hillarious.

Regardless of people speculating about Jones being a HW, DC is the actual heavyweight fighting most of his career at the weight class and weighing in around 240. DC dominated everyone he ever fought at HW and outmuscled 250-265 pound men that are WITHOUT A DOUBT STRONGER THAN JONES.

Any objective fan knows the above to be fact, cormier manhandled men much larger and stronger than jones. These facts have jones fans shaking in their boots and they know in the heart the above is true. Thats why so many people are picking Cormier.

Jones is in serious trouble.

e4ce9ed587f43798a9e5a056599bc9ea_728.jpg

but wait Jones is taller, he must be bigger
-shertards

Lol Jones absolutely is physically larger than DC. The only think DC has on him is the width of his shoulders and possibly his back.

I know it's a hard concept for your average Sherdogger but it is, in fact, possible to be both taller AND bigger than someone at the same time.

jeez when he turned around at weigh ins his back looks twice as wide as Jones. Barring a magical strike or elbow DC will dominate this.

So if we put them each into a tub, who displaces more water?

translation - "I am new to mma and want to beef up my posts"

??? Who cares about posts? I have enjoyed the sport ever since I watched a bootlegged vhs copy of UFC 1. Psyched for this fight is all, and joining the party. Something wrong with that?

Apparently you dont understand what a frame is. Jones would get crushed at hw.

Yes and apparently you understand every minor nuance involved in athletic competition and are therefore infinitely more qualified to cast sweeping generalizations about it's outcome while disregarding anyone with a reasonable point of contention... Like all these so-called "DC fans" (Jones haters)

All that weight he lost will effect his strength greatly. You can claim it was all fat (it wasn't), but even that fat layer gives guys like him a lot of leverage. It's why NFL linemen and World's Strongest Man competitors like to carry the extra padding too. Wouldn't be shocked if the strength advantage is negligible or even non-existent.

Didn't look that way in the Henderson fight. Nobody's tossed Dan around like that before.

stronger yes bigger hell no the guy is 5'10

Height has nothing to do with being bigger. Try and think outside the box. DC is like a tank compared to chicken bone. He has way more mass on his shorter frame. End of the day they weigh about the same today so the only thing that's going to matter is how DC reacts to eating elbows and knees. He is going to be punished every time he goes for a takedown. I predict JJ will catch him in a choke with his freakishly long arms.

Sherdogers are hillarious.

Regardless of people speculating about Jones being a HW, DC is the actual heavyweight fighting most of his career at the weight class and weighing in around 240. DC dominated everyone he ever fought at HW and outmuscled 250-265 pound men that are WITHOUT A DOUBT STRONGER THAN JONES.

Any objective fan knows the above to be fact, cormier manhandled men much larger and stronger than jones. These facts have jones fans shaking in their boots and they know in the heart the above is true. Thats why so many people are picking Cormier.

Jones is in serious trouble.

While I agree that DC poses the biggest threat to Jones to date...I think it is a little more complex than "OMG, HE FOUGHT AT HW BRO!" "LOOK HOW STRONG HE IS"

If strength meant everything, Gleason Tibau would be the LW champ, and Brock Lesnar would have never lost a fight.

This isn't an armwrestling competiton, its an MMA fight. Jon Jones is the best fighter DC has ever faced. Period. I think you could make a very similar strong argument for DC being the best fighter JJ has ever faced as well.

Anyone picking DC to win the fight is (or at least I think should) thinking that he will be able to close the distance and get the better of the grappling. Strength is a piece of the equation, but not the whole thing. Wont be the first time Jones is the "weaker" fighter

Didn't look that way in the Henderson fight. Nobody's tossed Dan around like that before.

Jake Shields didn't seem to have a problem controlling Hendo on the ground...

Plus Dan has to eat 4 desserts to get to 205. DC had bust his ass to hit 205. Bigger difference here

Tall people are bigger than shorter people.

Struve could never work out a day in his life and will always be a giant compared any jacked shorter dude. Taller's people hands, wrists, shins, heads all of it are bigger than shorter people.

Thats why when everyone is like omg Jones has advantage of being the biggest lhw most of the time, its true. The only time where he didnt havent that advantage, Gus arguely beat him.

This is why Jones will win much easier than alot of you think. Even though I depise the dude, he's beating Comier tonight.

Jake Shields didn't seem to have a problem controlling Hendo on the ground...

Plus Dan has to eat 4 desserts to get to 205. DC had bust his ass to hit 205. Bigger difference here

Dan also wasn't on TRT for the DC fight which obviously is a big difference..
He has lost like 6-7 pounds of muscle and some speed since stopping TRT

Apparently you dont understand what a frame is. Jones would get crushed at hw.

Oh, this is precious...

Tell me who you'd pick to beat JJ at HW:

1. Frank Mir
2. Big Foot
3. Roy Nelson
4. Josh Barnett

Ill take JJ over all of them...like today.

To me I love this fight the most because of the topic of this thread. It's usually WWE type noobish fans who thinks it's 'a whole other ballgame up there'. The history of the sport has guys who competed at both LHW & HW. They do at least as good and usually better at HW. The GOAT could've fought at MW. DC was undefeated number 2. One of his wins was over a top-10 HW who has like a 50 lb gut. Gus is about to fight a guy who beatdown AA, who is about top-5 at HW now. We don't need to get into Hendo or Reems career's. Soon enough the top 2 LHW's will have wins over a top-5 ish and top 1-2 HW. The dumbest fans will find a way to spin or ignore it, I'm sure though.

Stronger? Dont think so. Have DC bigger frame then bones? Yes

Back