DC is sneaky AF

Can't remember if he eyepoked the eyepoke god Jones, anyone?

dc is more like jones than he would like to admit. both are dirty and will do anything to win.

After fighting Jones twice he found out what really works.

The fucked up thing about the eyepokes is that he KNOWS he's doing it, and when he does it, he immediately moves in for the kill. He did it in both fights.

One of his revenue-generating attributes is the supposed contrast he provides to Jones. That's really what people want to see; a struggle between perceived good and evil, and since Jon Jones is clearly befitting a more sinister demeanor DC has usually taken up the mantle of justice and upright behavior. But it's really just that, a mantle, and something he discards whenever it suits him.

Like whenever he's fighting Stipe. Learned to cheat from Jones. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em I guess.

As a person, it seems he is in fact a good man, which offsets some of this slightly. Without going into detail, if you know some of the particulars of his personal life you can't help but feel a strong sense of empathy for the guy, but shit like this chips away at that goodwill.

I've always liked DC. A hell of a lot more than Jones anyway. Jones day to get wrecked will come, hopefully sooner rather than later. Would be beautiful if Jones actually moved up to HW and got his shit wrecked by none other than Stipe.

But for now DC has his.

Watching the fight I was annoyed with Herb not warning him. He kept having his fingers extended towards Stipe face. Wasn't a one off it was constantly during the fight. Glad he got KO'd for it.
Funny thing is that all the people that had many issues with Jones doing it, despite it being legal at the time. However, there seems to be no issues with Cormier doing it, despite it being against the rules.

2/3 of those things are legal and intelligent. Only the eyepokes are illegal, and most of them come from his hand fighting style.

Hand fighting is annoying but definitely not dirty. The hand on the mouth is up there with foot stomps for legit but lame moves. Eye poking then rushing to finish while the guy is CLEARLY suffering the effects of the eye poke is unforgivable and greasy AF.

How come Jones is the eye pokiest person of all time but everyone gives DC shit???

He does it more and to greater effect.

Jones also doesn't deny it. I've seen him in an interview, grin like a cheshire cat laughing about people hating on it. DC has a very different narrative describing his career. I think it's quite normal that he get shit like that if he has such a white on white rep and goes to the dark side when he fights.

Watching Yoel Romero fight must put TS into an apoplectic rage then.

it's a black sabbath song. Your age is showing.

You're AV is "Electric Funeral".
You do not deserve to speak to anyone on Sherdog directly. There needs to be an intermediary so we can decide if we'd like to speak with "Electric Funeral" or not.

I have nothing really to say to you, "Electric Funeral".

Goodbye "Electric Funeral".

You're AV is "Electric Funeral".
You do not deserve to speak to anyone on Sherdog directly. There needs to be an intermediary so we can decide if we'd like to speak with "Electric Funeral" or not.

I have nothing really to say to you, "Electric Funeral".

Goodbye "Electric Funeral".
bold words for a guy who's been around a few months.

Take it easy kid

bold words for a guy who's been around a few months.

Take it easy kid

<BC1>

Ouch. That hurt bro. You take it easy.

Tbh I got banned for some bs on my old account so had to swallow my pride and make a new one.

That was smooth though, hats off.

I respect DCs fight IQ, quick hands, and of course wrestling acumen. Plus he's accomplished so much in his career how could you not consider him an all time great.

That said, I am really starting to hate some of the grimmy, sneaky ass shit he does in fights.

-Eye pokes (even in this Stipe rematch, after eye poking him he literally tries to pounce on Stipe while he was clearly checking his eye, snake ass move right there)
-Hand on mouth so you can't breath
-Hands extended to grab your hands instead of just straight up box.

I get it, its mma and the last one is a legit tactic but I don't respect it.

A lot of DCs moves have these cheating undertones. Everything he does is so sneaky, like he's trying to pull a fast one. Am I reaching? Do you agree?

You’re reaching (no pun intended) for the sake of hating just to hate. Idk if he pokes intentionally or not, but whatever, that can certainly be discussed.

“-Hands extended to grab your hands instead of just straight up box.” Really? That has a cheating undertone to you? I expect haters to come out in droves, but when you’re threads are this bad, it’s time to find something else to talk about.

giphy.gif

The dude is small as fuck with a tiny reach for either division.hes trying to get any advantage he can get.

Back