DC is sneaky AF

Oh okay, so it's okay when dc does it but not jones is what you're saying?

because jones gets shit for it ALL of the time. and dc does it often. almost as often as jones.

Not even close to as often as Jones, come on now

I'm a DC fan & was able to argue the eyepokes in the first Stipe fight, but that one in the rematch was as deliberate as any I've ever seen before in MMA & he deserves all the shit in the world for it.

I've said it before, eyepokes (also fence grabs and low blows ) should be an automatic point off regardless of "intent". It would be harsh on a couple of fighters for the first few events but you watch how quickly they stop occurring once fighters realise they are consequences.

1. Thumb in the eye from a jab, legal and why Herb didn't stop it.

2. That's a classic wrestler move use to interrup the opponent breathing, lots of other fighters use it.

3. You don't respect hand trapping? LOL.

Not even close to as often as Jones, come on now

no, it is. jones just has more fights so it stands out predominately, he did it to stipe in both fights, gustuffsson and even the second jones fight if i remember correctly.

I respect DCs fight IQ, quick hands, and of course wrestling acumen. Plus he's accomplished so much in his career how could you not consider him an all time great.

That said, I am really starting to hate some of the grimmy, sneaky ass shit he does in fights.

-Eye pokes (even in this Stipe rematch, after eye poking him he literally tries to pounce on Stipe while he was clearly checking his eye, snake ass move right there)
-Hand on mouth so you can't breath
-Hands extended to grab your hands instead of just straight up box.

I get it, its mma and the last one is a legit tactic but I don't respect it.

A lot of DCs moves have these cheating undertones. Everything he does is do sneaky, like he's trying to pull a fast one. Am I reaching? Do you agree?
Covering the mouth is also legal and a smart move, if you don't like it don't allow yourself to get into that position

no, it is. jones just has more fights so it stands out predominately, he did it to stipe in both fights, gustuffsson and even the second jones fight if i remember correctly.

@jei you're my stats guy what you got

Rewatch it, he threw a jab and the thumb landed in the eye, its legal when a punch lands in the eyes, it why Herb didn't breal the action.

There is no reason whatsoever why your thumb should be out when throwing a jab. Nonsense.

How come Jones is the eye pokiest person of all time but everyone gives DC shit???
Speaking of being one of the dirtiest player in the game, You'll Romero seems to be up there with Jones.

4vwOJk9.gif

fab05dz.gif

"Look over there"...

Sneaky ass bastard lol

Speaking of being one of the dirtiest player in the game, You'll Romero seems to be up there with Jones.

4vwOJk9.gif

"Look over there"...

Sneaky ass bastard lol

wtf he really did the "look over there" bit :eek:

That's Loony Toons level of fighting Joe

4vwOJk9.gif

fab05dz.gif

"Look over there"...

Sneaky ass bastard lol

Nothing dirty about that. Would be genius if it worked.

Eyepokes need to be punished severly as so groin shots, however hand fighting and smothering are legit tactics
Not sure how effective smothering is while standing though

Watching the fight I was annoyed with Herb not warning him. He kept having his fingers extended towards Stipe face. Wasn't a one off it was constantly during the fight. Glad he got KO'd for it.

Back