DC is scared to hit the beach of Rio

Guns make the biggest pussies strong and brave

P82GvlT.gif

Lets call it what it is. DC is wise. Why do it considering you are married? Can't get azz without getting busted or robbed/shot. Really, the beaches are not all that considering the reward vs risk factor.

Add to that he is not liked among the die hard locals(with guns & other explosives). He has beatin' some Brazilian azz. In fact, he has beat everybody not named JJ.

Many of you dumazzes calling him scared are just plain stupid. Just think, I am begging actually, what would you do? It's not like he has a beach body anyway. Even JJ would not touch the Brazilian beaches.

JJ doesn't even go to the UFC Performance Institute unless the building is emptied out for him.

Conor is the same way.

P.I. (UFC Performance Institute)

I wouldn't call him small, his a stocky bowling ball. He would have made a good rugby player imo. What if he didn't want to go to the beach because he didn't want to kill everyone and it was for Brazils own safety?
Yeah, I agree. I was being a bit rhetorical. He sort of has the proportions of a giant pudgy toddler.

Yup, DC is the man. He literally kills any other human being on this planet in unarmed combat. His looking makes him even more of a man considering how dangerous he is. He's also a funny fella who can take a jokes all day.
Yep, he's also smart and articulate. No racism bro, just sayin

My friend witnessed it years ago man.
Just because there weren't shootings when you went there doesn't mean there never was any...
Especially if you went there in the latest years as the authorities have been doing some " hardcore cleaning " ( or even cleansing as favelas are concerned ) for several years prior to the 2014 World cup and 2016 Olympics Games , because of the concerns about their ability to guarantee foreign tourist/supporters's security.

And shootings around the stadiums a still very common in brasil, just type it in google, there are people shot at almost every domestic match ups in the big cities.
Some of those supporter clubs are straight up gangs..
Mate, there's a neighborhood called Maracana and the Maracana stadium in it.
Now the neighborhood is in the North Zone, it's dangerous at night, especially for tourists.
When you google it, you get shootings in the Maracana neighborhood or near Maracana stadium, but outside.
To think that fan groups are allowed to smuggle guns inside the stadium and shoot at each during the game and put the lives of soccer players at risk is just silly.
I remember a guy was killed near the stadium after the opening of the Olympic games.

I spent a lot of time in Rio training some of my students and frequented the beaches frequently, so I know a thing or two about this.

The beaches are very dangerous for the average person. It's where all of the thieves go to pick pocket and mug tourists and those more fortunate than them.

Tha said, 100% of thieves that tried to mug me ended up unconcious on the floor with a courtesy urine bath. If you know how to handle yourself, you'll be fine. If you are just an average Joe, I wouldn't recommend going there.

Yeah I get it man. Which comes back to it's nkt unreasonable for a foreigner to avoid it entirely. Especially if they are there on business for a short period of time.

Everything is risk/reward. If you can't reliably go out and have fun because there's a real chance you'll be robbed, kidnapped, murdered, etc then it's quite reasonable for a person to say that area is shitty and not worth the risk.

There might be nice areas of Detroit but I'll never know, because why the fuck would I even go there when there are much safer places that have anything they would have.

There is NO place like Rio on the planet.
Nightlife, parties, beaches, women, etc.
If you put Detroit and Rio through Google images, you will see the difference and you will understand why Rio is called the Marvelous City.
If you ever decide to visit, hit me up, and we're gonna have a beer, and in 20 minutes I'm gonna lower the risk of you getting stabbed, kidnapped or murdered to ZERO.
Not a low risk, ZERO risk.
You'd have the time of your life and you'd never forget Rio de Janeiro.

Mate, there's a neighborhood called Maracana and the Maracana stadium in it.
Now the neighborhood is in the North Zone, it's dangerous at night, especially for tourists.
When you google it, you get shootings in the Maracana neighborhood or near Maracana stadium, but outside.
To think that fan groups are allowed to smuggle guns inside the stadium and shoot at each during the game and put the lives of soccer players at risk is just silly.
I remember a guy was killed near the stadium after the opening of the Olympic games.

I'm talking about something a friend of mine saw like 10-15 years ago..
Do you also deny the cleansing in the favelas by BOPE prior to World Cup and Olympic Games ?
Even the newspapers here in Europe talked about it..
Also there are still people getting shot near the stadiums pretty frequently in Brazil ( I know it because I googled those words trying to find articles about what I walked about )..

Why I agree that Brazil is not the worst South American country when it comes tp tourist security, and that some of those who get in trouble must be behaving like stupid westerners unaware of the risks, it's clearly still a very dangerous country if you don't speak portuguese/know the local customs..
That's why the Olympic Village was litterally an "entrenched camp" in 2016 and that many of the athletes have commented about the security measures were a LOT more drastic than in London, Beijing, Athens etc. because the authorities knew about the risks and also knew the star athletes from around the world are prime targets.
Not to mention they had instructions not to wander around the said Olympic village either...

ps : it's also sad, really, because that's a city I'd sure want to visit/travel to

He is just embarrassed of the fat belly and cant pull his shorts up to his chest.

You are the baddest man on the planet, the ufc HW champion, the champ champ and you are gonna sit in the hotel because you are too afraid to even walk out to the beach 20 meters away from the hotel.

What's the point of training wrestling and mma your whole life and be officially the baddest fighter on the planet when in the real world, you are helpless and can't even go outside?:confused:

When did you ever think that MMA would save you from thugs with knives and AK-47's?

How long are you gonna last like that, spending all your money for security. And they are still gonna get you.

Actually, it is. ISIL, the Islamic State of Iraq and Levent also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria ISIS.
Your ignorance is showing.

You are the baddest man on the planet, the ufc HW champion, the champ champ and you are gonna sit in the hotel because you are too afraid to even walk out to the beach 20 meters away from the hotel.

What's the point of training wrestling and mma your whole life and be officially the baddest fighter on the planet when in the real world, you are helpless and can't even go outside?:confused:

You know how dangerous Brazil is?

Native Brazilian Shogun got car jacked by guys with guns who dumped him naked on the freeway.

Native Brazilian Champ Andrade just got robbed at gunpoint in her car.

These guys are natives getting robbed in their hometown, whats DC gonna do to gun wielding thugs?

Didn’t Shogun get robbed before? I remember a story about that. Gun(s) involved, of course.

Sonnen escaped a robbery while filming TUF in Braziu. The robbers tried to block his car and the driver just managed to get past them and floored it. Sonnen also had an armed security guard with him, so if they got stopped it would probably end up with shots fires and who knows who gets shot.

Shogun got car jacked and they dumped him buck naked on the freeway.

There is NO place like Rio on the planet.
Nightlife, parties, beaches, women, etc.
If you put Detroit and Rio through Google images, you will see the difference and you will understand why Rio is called the Marvelous City.
If you ever decide to visit, hit me up, and we're gonna have a beer, and in 20 minutes I'm gonna lower the risk of you getting stabbed, kidnapped or murdered to ZERO.
Not a low risk, ZERO risk.
You'd have the time of your life and you'd never forget Rio de Janeiro.

I'll hit you up when I'm there. I might swing through Rio in December

Back