DC is overconfident about Brock Lesnar

so if Brock should win against DC, would you then say that Brock is the best fighter in the world?
Brock may be able to win this DC fight, but Brock would never be able to have MMA record like DC 's got. He is a great ahthlete, but he is far from the best MMA fighter.

Bork is gonna shit himself when he sees Cain in DC's corner.

it's going to be hilarious if Brock beats the absolute shit out of DC

He's talking about Lesnar like he's just a pro wrestler with no fighting skills. He seems to think this is nothing but a big pay day. That's a huge mistake. Lesnar isn't the best fighter in the world but make no mistake, he is a great fighter. He beat Mark Hunt, Frank Mir, Randy Couture, Heath Herring, is a former champion, and is still a huge, muscular, strong NCAA D1 champion wrestler with KO power in both hands and an iron chin. DC can beat him but this is a FIGHT, not a freak show.

I've heard Cormier talk respectfully about Brock's abilities before--going back to Cain vs. Lesnar. It sounds like DC is selling a fight. That's kind of a funny--Cormier is like a dirt poor man's version of Chael's nephew when it comes to selling fights. Anyway, I haven't seen Cormier underestimate his opponent or come unprepared yet. That said, I hope it's a fun fight that's more competitive than most people expect.

Lesnar has a granite chin but he doesn't react well to getting hit, DC won't be afraid to throw and he probably thinks Lesnar will crumble once he starts getting tagged

DCs cardio, speed, strength, wrestling, boxing, game planning, distance, etc. Is all better than Brock's. Don't see anywhere Brock beats him, maybe the scales.

" not a fighter." . Bork was UFC HW champion . Hows that work ?
Simple. He got an undeserving title shot.
That was before people figured him out.
Once they did, they beat him.

Then he took a break, came back... juiced.

If he had to go through the proper path to a title shot, he would have never gotten one.

BTW: this is not hate. It is simple common sense.

Brock may be able to win this DC fight, but Brock would never be able to have MMA record like DC 's got. He is a great ahthlete, but he is far from the best MMA fighter.
arguably....if he comes in and whoops on DC as a part time fighter...would that not at least put him in the top ten that this guy half assing it can beat "The baddest man on the planet"?

people writing Brock off in this fight, I just dont think its as clear cut as that

If one of DCs hands connect it's over,

if not, brock can definitely gorilla fuck him

Brock Lesnar by white gorilla strength
giphy.gif

What does Brock have for him? Nothing

A punchers chance. Less technical but highly effective wrestling due to size and explosiveness. Insane reach and although DC does well in close range, Brock can shoot for a near unstoppable double leg as DC closes distance.

He's talking about Lesnar like he's just a pro wrestler with no fighting skills. He seems to think this is nothing but a big pay day. That's a huge mistake. Lesnar isn't the best fighter in the world but make no mistake, he is a great fighter. He beat Mark Hunt, Frank Mir, Randy Couture, Heath Herring, is a former champion, and is still a huge, muscular, strong NCAA D1 champion wrestler with KO power in both hands and an iron chin. DC can beat him but this is a FIGHT, not a freak show.

If there's one thing I promise you, it's that DC is a professional and he'll take the fight seriously. He knows how strong and dangerous Brock is early on. He's just trying to hype the fight and fishing for reactions from Lesnar. The more he can get under Lesnar's skin, the more likely Lesnar is to talk back. More public drama between them = more PPV sales, and the more he gets Brock to genuinely dislike him, the better.

Lesnar is going to destroy him

Brock isn’t a pencil like Jones and Stipe are. DC may have better skills, but lesnar is taller, stronger and wider. DC won’t be able to throw Lesnar around.

Before the Hunt vs Lesnar fight every thread was about how Lesnar has no chin and Hunt will knock his ass out. That didn’t happen. Brock’s a legit physical beast. He’s physically different than any guy DC has ever fought before.
DC doesn't need to throw him arouhd, just to punch him.

Lesnar is a freak for sure, but he is not a fighter.
He can't handle being punched in the face, and DC also have KO power (in case you forgot)
DC's wrestling takes Lesnar only real tool, and being big does not help against someone who has the proper tools.

I agree with your first point, but for your second, remember Lesnar took Carwin's best punches and still came out on top. Yes, Carwin gassed, but you're delusional if you think DC hits harder than Carwin. As far as wrestling goes, you could flip the argument around and point out how pedestrian DC's wrestling looked against Jones. And if Jones could outwrestle DC, imagine what Lesnar could do.

Now, I'm not saying Lesnar is going to win. Honestly, it's likely to be the Cain fight all over again. But anyone who counts Lesnar out (particularly given that this is the most "anything can happen" division in the UFC) isn't being realistic.

Lesnar is going to destroy him

Brock isn’t a pencil like Jones and Stipe are. DC may have better skills, but lesnar is taller, stronger and wider. DC won’t be able to throw Lesnar around.

Before the Hunt vs Lesnar fight every thread was about how Lesnar has no chin and Hunt will knock his ass out. That didn’t happen. Brock’s a legit physical beast. He’s physically different than any guy DC has ever fought before.
To be fair, DC didn't throw Stipe around either, he just knocked him stiff. I don't see any path to victory for Brock.

I agree with your first point, but for your second, remember Lesnar took Carwin's best punches and still came out on top. Yes, Carwin gassed, but you're delusional if you think DC hits harder than Carwin. As far as wrestling goes, you could flip the argument around and point out how pedestrian DC's wrestling looked against Jones. And if Jones could outwrestle DC, imagine what Lesnar could do.

Now, I'm not saying Lesnar is going to win. Honestly, it's likely to be the Cain fight all over again. But anyone who counts Lesnar out (particularly given that this is the most "anything can happen" division in the UFC) isn't being realistic.

you misunderstood.
I don't discount Lesnar. I always said and maintain he would be GOAT if he only started MMA sooner and took it seriously.

BUT with that said, DC is a fighter. Lesnar is a freelancer.

Jones is a different animal. He could keep DC at bay, which in turn helps him with wrestling. Lesnar only has wrestling. DC can neutralise that.

And don't read too much into Carwin hitting a tutrled-up Lesnar (mostly hitting his arms). On that, DC would have wrestled Lesnar, not punch himself out like Carwin did.

Agreed op... It's hilarious to me that most mma fan thinks this is an easy win for DC. The disrespect to Lesnar is ridiculous. People are acting like he never competed in mma and wasn't a former champion. Nobody is asking what happens if DC gets hit with an F5 or gets taken to Suplex City.

Back