DC is only 2.5 years older than Stipe

I completely agree with you, DC has looked fantastic in his recent fights in spite of his age.

I was just being a wiseass noting that a lot of times these guys don’t know when to quit, but it’s clear to the fans that they should.

Chuck was retired for a long ass time. DC has been training and competing. If he would be anywhere near Chuck's level he'd be getting steamrolled in every practice session and he'd have been KO'd in the first 10 seconds of his second fight with Stipe.

There hasn't been a sign of slowing down significantly in his fights and in practice we can't judge, but he can and he is a pretty honest and smart guy. So he could be wrong, but his judgement is still much more valuable than that of SDers who are basically just guessing away and if they would happen to be right, it would be purely a lucky guess.

I keep hearing this narrative that DC is an old man and Stipe is some young buck in his fighting prime. It couldn't be further from the truth. Both guys are old, and Stipe's youth advantage is very small. It's borderline meaningless. DC may lose this fight but it won't be because of age.

Hey fuck face, who has been an Olympian and has put his body through rigours competing at higher levels longer?

FUCK OFF DICKHEAD!

I keep hearing this narrative that DC is an old man and Stipe is some young buck in his fighting prime. It couldn't be further from the truth. Both guys are old, and Stipe's youth advantage is very small. It's borderline meaningless. DC may lose this fight but it won't be because of age.

2.5 years difference isn't much if the fighters are in their 20's.

When fighters are in their late 30's (Stipe is 37), 2.5 years difference is huge, because the decline is much quicker. Those who are in their late 30's know this.

DC doesn't think he is too old to fight, or else he wouldn't fight. That's way more importamt to me than what fans of the sport think of him.
I think this is a bad perspective mate. Fans or just people on the outside can usually see more things and better.

I think this is a bad perspective mate. Fans or just people on the outside can usually see more things and better.

I think that's a bad perspective mate.

I know you were probably joking. @AtaTheCrown Just taking it seriously in case you were. In the heavies people can mean the most ignorant statements.

nice, but really do we not always tend to overestimate ourselfs?
Speaking of people with healthy self esteem.

I think a healthy self esteem means you have healthy expectations of yourself and realize the limitations of your knowledge and abilities. Overestimating yourself would be a sign of artificially boosted self esteem, which isn't healthy in the long run.

I think a healthy self esteem means you have healthy expectations of yourself and realize the limitations of your knowledge and abilities. Overestimating yourself would be a sign of artificially boosted self esteem, which isn't healthy in the long run.
I see, we see things differently. What you stated is logical and sounds right.
Fact is, it doesn't matter what we think of DC, we can't stop or push him to fight. He is going to do what he wants. I wish him luck and the best.

Yes , and if we lived in a world where everyone aged the same that would be correct.

I see, we see things differently. What you stated is logical and sounds right.
Fact is, it doesn't matter what we think of DC, we can't stop or push him to fight. He is going to do what he wants. I wish him luck and the best.

I'm not suggesting you should accept your limitations or anything, just don't ignore them. You must acknowledge them in order to extent your limitations and go passed your previous limitations.

Simply put, if you are new to MMA don't let your ego carry you and try to act like you know things you realistically don't. But acknowledge that you don't know a lot about a lot of stuff concerning MMA and use that to research the topics that you are lacking knowledge in. But believe that you are able to learn those things is where your self esteem is very important. If you just think you're too stupid to learn or something like that, then yeah that's not a healthy self esteem, either.

I agree with that last part, it doesn't matter what we think when it comes to what actually happens with DC and his career. But what we think of it and how we think about it does matter to us, the people thinking it. Going about it the right way helps you better understand and appreciate the sport.

DC wrestled at an extremely high level in national and international competition before he started his MMA career.

He has a lot more wear and tear on his body and nearly destroyed his kidneys cutting weight for the Olympics.
And the thing is his physical prime was most likley during his wrestling career otherwise why would he retire from wrestling if he felt like his body could still hold up and compete at the highest levels.

THis means Stipe can defend about 5 times and retire as the HW UFC Goat.
I hope he fights Jones.

Stipe stays in shape. DC lets himself balloon up so he looks older.

I mean win or lose DC is one of the greatest of all time he beat everybody except Jon do u know if DC is little taller and younger he could either beat Jon or Jon will beat him on the scorecards it will be a very very close fight for both men

You're off by a whole year. DC turns 41 in a few weeks while Stipe doesn't turn 38 until august. DC is about 3 1/2 years older than Stipe.

This. 3 and a half years is quite a difference. Having said that, I hope DC gets knocked out again.

Back