DC is a better fighter than Stipe. He lost because he thought he was Nate Diaz

He lost because he turned into a moron, he thought he was Nate Diaz. DC was throwing shots from his hips like Diaz, DC had no defence and was only honking of offence.

If DC was more calculated and grappled more, he would have broken Stipe. DC tried to break Stipe with strikes only... DC never breaks people with only strikes.

Tactics and planning are a huge part of fighting. If someone else can beat you because of this, then they're a better fighter than you.

Saying "If DC was more calculated and grappled more" is no different than saying "If he had better technique" or "If he was faster and stronger." In each case you're saying a version of "If he was better in key aspect of fighting"

All I've been hearing after UFC 241 is how great fighter DC, he just did this and that mistake and lost because of it. For a great fighter, he surely does a lot of mistakes.

You mean, if only he kept on doing the thing that stopped being effective? Instead of going 1 in 3 in takedowns he should have gone 1 in 10?

Stipe weathered the early storm and kicked his ass

It happens in MMA OP, no need to cry

I guess Sonnen is way better than Anderson Silva too according to you

Did you just call Stipe a normal sized human?

What is he, 6'3", 235? It's may not be middle-of-the-road average, but if you saw him on the street, you probably wouldn't look twice.

What is he, 6'3", 235? It's may not be middle-of-the-road average, but if you saw him on the street, you probably wouldn't look twice.
6’4, 240+. He was taller than everyone he’s fought who was also listed at 6’4 including Overeem, Junior, Werdum. Arlovski was the only guy who looked to be the same height

230 is the lowest he weighed in by a lot... I think he weighed in at 236 in his debut which was years ago

He’s bigger in person than you’d think.

Stipe Is an all-time great. People need to stop making excuses and just accept this already.

Stipe lost the first fight because of a hole in his game that DC saw early on. Stipe drops his hands when breaking the clinch, so DC capitalized and KOed him early.

Second fight Stipe found a hole in DCs game, he wanted to stand and bang instead of wrestle and left that liver shot open. Stipe capitalized on that and dropped him.

Either fight could have gone either way with a slight adjustment to strategy. We need a trilogy fight with Stipe wearing safety goggles to get to the bottom of it.

DC fanboys: "yeah idk why DC didn't stick to the wrestling gameplan, he should have listened to his coaches, then he would have won for suuuure!"

Also DC fanboys: "Santos completely shut down Jones' wrestling ability, and took 1,3,5. Santos got robbed!!"

DC is up 3 rounds to 2 but honestly, the best Stipe is better than the best HW DC.

I'd love to see these guys with the skill and knowledge they have now but in the bodies they had in their athletic prime.

DC would be prime Emperor with less judo and more wrestling, and Stipe would be Arlovski with a blast double and iron chin.

Not fighting like a dumbass is one of the criteria with which you judge somebody's level as a fighter.

Last edited:
Ts, I love DC just as much as any other fanboy but he lost fair and square. Stipe is a younger guy who went back and fixed his mistakes from the last time they fought and used the correct game plan for beating DC. How would a rubber match go? Thats kind of up in the air for me . DC LOST because he slipped and fell into an ass whipping.

stipe got outclassed that entire fight you see it happen all the time where the better fighter loses
Part of fighting at a championship level is having championship stamina, heart, and chin. Stipe outclassed the fuck out of him in those aspects.

Fight IQ is part of being a good fighter. If DC let himself get blasted by 237 liver shots in a row that made Bas Rutten's short's sticky, then he wasn't the better fighter.

Back