DC has a great career but he has no all time great records

First and only fighter to successfully defend titles in two different weight classes.
If that is not all time great record I don't know what is.

I came here to say this, but also his overall record at Heavyweight is 15-1 across all organizations he fought for. That's a win percentage of nearly 94%. How many past HW champions have a higher win percentage? I couldn't find anything online on this stat.

Edit: Well, I already found one. Former Bellator HW champ Vitaly Minakov is currently 22-1. Hard to imagine he will finish his career with a better record than DC. I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
All the GOATs set records in their reigns.

Anderson -- most title defenses in a row.
GSP -- most title defenses, best competition.
Stipe -- most HW title defenses.
Fedor -- longest reign, longest win streak while holding the title.
Jones -- most suspensions.

DC has no records. The HW defense record is pathetically low though. Even Stipe only has like 3 defenses.

If DC wins the title again, is he going to take a big fight against Jones then retire? Or is he going to try to defend the title 3 more times to set the all the time record at 4 defenses?

IMO It's the only all time record he can set that's still achievable at his advanced age. If I were him I'd go for it.

Simultaneously held the LHW & HW titles. Only man to do so?

Lets not act like DC was the real LHW champ. Only b/c Jon went on vacation is the reason why DC ever won the belt.

On "vacation" for multiple instances of abusing steroids. If Reem was allowed the same supplements as the good old days he would have tore through Stipe.

Care to elaborate 2019 account? What exactly did I say that was controversal? I gave him credit for being a champ champ, while stating I'm not a fan of his BLATANT eye gouging. What part of that is controversal?

You're a moron. And my yellowcard is exactly for calling morons like you mean names.

There's so many really good posters on Sherdog with a Yellow of Dubz at the moment. Strange times. What did you do brother?

All the GOATs set records in their reigns.

Anderson -- most title defenses in a row.
GSP -- most title defenses, best competition.
Stipe -- most HW title defenses.
Fedor -- longest reign, longest win streak while holding the title.
Jones -- most suspensions.

DC has no records. The HW defense record is pathetically low though. Even Stipe only has like 3 defenses.

If DC wins the title again, is he going to take a big fight against Jones then retire? Or is he going to try to defend the title 3 more times to set the all the time record at 4 defenses?

IMO It's the only all time record he can set that's still achievable at his advanced age. If I were him I'd go for it.
the fact is that DC´s PPV numbers without jon jones are actually not that good. He thinks he is a draw, something he is only when he fights jon jones.

He has the record for most ESPN analyst gigs of champ champ fighters

Why break a shitty record lol. It’ll be broken so fast.

DC has won a championship belt in two weight classes and beaten some of the best fighters in the world.
He is a champ champ tho and that will go down in history...

He might have the record for most blantant eye gouges. Jon puts his fingers right in front of eyes but DC just straight up mauls them.
First and only fighter to successfully defend titles in two different weight classes.
dual weight champ. and only lost at lhw to a proven roid cheater.
Simultaneously held the LHW & HW titles. Only man to do so?
Was he ever really the undisputed LHW champ? I mean really? Fuck no, he wasn’t

and his HW title win is marred by controversy and also avenged by someone with a much better career

Yeah, it's just DC fans/Jon haters.

Jon is 14-0 in UFC title fights. Cormier is 6-3. Trying to put them on the same level is dumb. He is nowhere near the level of Jon and Jon's peers.

He is a great fighter, but there's been lots of great fighters.

If you go by richness of resume rather than assigning arbitrary importance to certain records, he's in the second-tier of MMA greats behind the Mount Rushmore guys (Fedor, GSP, Jones, Silva).

I would have zero problem putting him in there with guys like Mighty Mouse, Aldo, Big Nog, Hughes, etc...

Care to elaborate 2019 account? What exactly did I say that was controversal? I gave him credit for being a champ champ, while stating I'm not a fan of his BLATANT eye gouging. What part of that is controversal?

You're a moron. And my yellowcard is exactly for calling morons like you mean names.
The fact you said jones just sticks his fingers out shows you have no credibility yelow

On "vacation" for multiple instances of abusing steroids. If Reem was allowed the same supplements as the good old days he would have tore through Stipe.
Who gives a fuck about Reem? We talking about DC only being champ b/c Jon was on vacation. Before the vacation Jon beat his ass and after the vacation he still beat his ass.

Your thread sucks

Gsp best competition? Loses to a lw by tapping to strikes.
Dc no records? He fought the scariest dudes something alot of champions never did.

This. Not to mention he got into the sport in his late 20's / early 30's and fought the vast majority of his opposition with a size disadvantage, he also fought the two greats in his division, beat one of them and the other is a potential drug cheat and considered by many to be the greatest p4p fighter of all time let alone just in his division.

He is without a doubt one of the all time greats.

Was he ever really the undisputed LHW champ? I mean really? Fuck no, he wasn’t

and his HW title win is marred by controversy and also avenged by someone with a much better career

So you're prepared to say DC's win over Stipe is controversial yet give Jones a free pass for all his fouls his commited over the years including his suspected drug use, you're so transparant it's pathetic.

If Jones couldn't fight for the belt, someone else has to. DC fought a legitimate contender dangerous and worthy contender in Johnson and beat him squarly. He was the undisputed change.

Only person over 30 to become double champ

Back