DC has a great career but he has no all time great records

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All the GOATs set records in their reigns.

Anderson -- most title defenses in a row.
GSP -- most title defenses, best competition.
Stipe -- most HW title defenses.
Fedor -- longest reign, longest win streak while holding the title.
Jones -- most suspensions.

DC has no records. The HW defense record is pathetically low though. Even Stipe only has like 3 defenses.

If DC wins the title again, is he going to take a big fight against Jones then retire? Or is he going to try to defend the title 3 more times to set the all the time record at 4 defenses?

IMO It's the only all time record he can set that's still achievable at his advanced age. If I were him I'd go for it.

DC has won a championship belt in two weight classes and beaten some of the best fighters in the world.

He is a champ champ tho and that will go down in history...

He might have the record for most blantant eye gouges. Jon puts his fingers right in front of eyes but DC just straight up mauls them.

Fact that he did so much while, effectively, being a manlet is quite spectacular, though.

actually mighty mouse defend the flyweight title 11 times more than silva by 1 title defense which is 10 for silva

He might have the record for most blantant eye gouges. Jon puts his fingers right in front of eyes but DC just straight up mauls them.
Uhh wow. That yellow cards fits you perfectly

Uhh wow. That yellow cards fits you perfectly
Care to elaborate 2019 account? What exactly did I say that was controversal? I gave him credit for being a champ champ, while stating I'm not a fan of his BLATANT eye gouging. What part of that is controversal?

You're a moron. And my yellowcard is exactly for calling morons like you mean names.

First and only fighter to successfully defend titles in two different weight classes.
If that is not all time great record I don't know what is.

not really, people will forget him. guys like Cro Cop, Couture, Lidell, Fedor , JONES ! , will be more as figures

Its a mixture of bad luck and bad decisions. He could have stuck at HW and likely dominated there, and he would have dominated LHW if not for the one single guy in the divisions entire history who was better than him being around at the same time.

First and only fighter to successfully defend titles in two different weight classes.
If that is not all time great record I don't know what is.
Lets not act like DC was the real LHW champ. Only b/c Jon went on vacation is the reason why DC ever won the belt.

All the GOATs set records in their reigns.

Anderson -- most title defenses in a row.
GSP -- most title defenses, best competition.
Stipe -- most HW title defenses.
Fedor -- longest reign, longest win streak while holding the title.
Jones -- most suspensions.

DC has no records. The HW defense record is pathetically low though. Even Stipe only has like 3 defenses.

If DC wins the title again, is he going to take a big fight against Jones then retire? Or is he going to try to defend the title 3 more times to set the all the time record at 4 defenses?

IMO It's the only all time record he can set that's still achievable at his advanced age. If I were him I'd go for it.
dual weight champ. and only lost at lhw to a proven roid cheater.

After he beat Stipe for the HW belt, that can't be said of him.

The HW defence run would mean after beating stipe he defends 3 more times? That's pretty much out of the questions. He'll be closing in on his mid 40s by the time and staying champ at HW is notoriously hard even in your prime.

The only real dual weight champ in the UFC. Conjob's was a farce.

Back