DC Gustaffson Jones

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Mitchsmith08, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Mitchsmith08

Mitchsmith08 Orange Belt

All three will eventually fight. IMO Cormier beats them all. Anyone else agree with me?

2. Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold Yellow Belt

Yes. Cormier >>

3. grnbay**

grnbay** Blue Belt

No, Bones beats both of them and continues his historic title run

4. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

I'd like Cormier to beat both of them. They're all very tough fights to call, though.

5. SP1D3R KN33S**

SP1D3R KN33S** Banned Banned

i think DC beats em both, but GUs is the tougher fight

6. Isglass

Isglass Orange Belt

Gus > Jones
    Jones > Cormier
    Cormier > Gus

7. TmacRmac**

TmacRmac** Orange Belt

I'm a big fan of Cormier, but he has no jab game because he sticks the lead hand out a lot. So his only effective punches are his left hook and right. Jon may just outrange Cormier which can win him some points and get him a decision win. When you have that much of a reach advantage you can control the distance without doing any work.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  8. Hawkman3111

Hawkman3111 Yellow Belt

I think Jones beats DC with his 16 inch advantage (whatever it is, its a lot)

I think Jones beats Gus by decision unless the fight is in Sweden.

DC and Gus? Id buy it.

9. TmacRmac**

TmacRmac** Orange Belt

Gus may beat Jon(mabye). All Jon has is a left hook but that requires him to be effectively controlling the distance. When Jon faces Gus, Jon will have no boxing game.

10. mort159

mort159 White Belt

I think it's funny how so many people doubt Jones greatness. Jones already fought Gus and beat him solidly. He won 3 of the 5 rds very decisively (1 where he almost finished), the other 2 rounds were close. Fight could have been scored 48-47 to 50-45 all in favor of Jones depending on how you saw it but no way anyone could give more than 2 rds to Gus. Jones easily delivered the 10 most significant strikes of the fight. Gus landed one significant strike and it was the glancing blow that cut jones, but it wasn't even a solid shot. The only people who thought this was controversial was people who don't like Jones at all. Every judge, mma website analysts (mmajunkie, mmatorch, sherdog, ect...), and Dana all had Jones winning easily.

He is right to want to fight cormier. Cormier is a stud and the one man standing in the way of him probably being the greatest of all time. I think Jones wins that fight by being able to control cormier with his length, but Cormier is definitely a big task. The fact that Jones wants Cormier over Gus is more admirable than anything because Cormier is a beast.

When Jones fights Gus again he will end it in the early rounds by elbows from the top. His wrestling will be on point this time for sure.