DC Fans: What does DC offer against Jones besides dirty boxing?

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
cormier%2Buppercut.gif
Daniel%2BCormier%2Bvs%2BJon%2BJones%2B(1).gif

Now DC might have the best inside boxing game in MMA, that clinch-uppercutting is a great weapon that Cormier has and it was pretty much the only thing that was working against Jones(and lets not get it twisted, DC is well rounded). Jones has so many more weapons to use against DC and Daniel's terrible spot in this matchup is that the one thing that seems to be working against Jones will also be his downfall again because in the clinch is where he was worn out. Another issue is that Jon is just as good striking in the clinch:
jones%2Buppercut.gif

This time Jones will be even more prepared for that. So what else can DC do? Lets see if you can muster up more than just bringing up PED's. I'm even unbiased enough to compliment DC and post favorable gifs.

Last edited:
DC has got nothing for Jon Jones. Any unbiased fan can see that. Then again, it is MMA, and DC might throw a spinning tornado kick 5 seconds into the fight that knocks Jon out cold

giphy.gif

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

This won't be any different in the rematch.

DC has got nothing for Jon Jones. Any unbiased fan can see that. Then again, it is MMA, and DC might throw a spinning tornado kick 5 seconds into the fight that knocks Jon out cold

Excuse me did you say kicks?
Jon%2BJones%2BTrip%2BTake%2BDowns%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

DC has the better wrestling and boxing. I think he TKO's jones in the rematch.

Considering Jones will be coming back from a long suspension, and has to be careful not to do what got him suspended again, it's possible he may not be the same fighter.

If Jones still has the same skills/strength/cardio, then yea, he wins.

What does Jones offer DC aside from illegal eyepokes, clinching and oblique kicks?

All DC can hope for is Bones to be rusty and out of shape due to inactivity. Jones is a terrible matchup for Cormier.

Do what is working best. If the takedowns ain't coming, don't be proud and try and spam them. Didn't work in the first fight. He needs to chain things together and not give Jones any breathing room. But hey that's just my opinion...
1jgeOUe.gif

Wrestling, heart, gas tank. (wrestling is in theory..ha. DC said he can take Bones down at will, but we all know how it went the first time)

All DC can hope for is Bones to be rusty and out of shape due to inactivity. Jones is a terrible matchup for Cormier.

Not a real argument made in favor of DC yet in this thread. Just some saying DC has better boxing and wrestling(LMAO). I think it's in their best interest to just admit that they are solely relying on the whole PED's thing.

i am floored by some of these comments. People saying that DC has better wrestling than Jon Jones? Jon Jones manhandled DC when it came to wrestling

You think "Clean" Jones will be as strong as "Junkie" Jones?

DC can close the distance and get clinch fucked, taken down and broke again or he can stay on the outside and get picked apart this time

Only question about this fight is HOW will Jonathan fuck him up.

1qnybg.jpg

*Goes 1/8 on takedowns

Back