DC destroyed 2 men that destroyed Fedor

2009 is the last year I'd say Fedor was in his prime.

If he fought Henderson, Silva or Werdum prior to that, he would have beat them all, easily I might add.

I'd say you're full of shit and started talking out of your ass around April 2008.

Fedor was amazing for his time, but DC would dummy him, it's ridiculous to think otherwise. Sure Fedor could catch him with his heavy hands, but DC is at a whole other level, his wrestling is beyond impressive. He made Barnett and Hendo look like amatures.

Fedor was amazing for his time, but DC would dummy him, it's ridiculous to think otherwise. Sure Fedor could catch him with his heavy hands, but DC is at a whole other level, his wrestling is beyond impressive. He made Barnett and Hendo look like amatures.

Hendo without TRT is an amateur.

Fedor was clowning TRT Hendo until he made an uncanny mistake he would've never made in his prime.

Fedor in his prime was a combat sambo world champion and had excellent judo and transitions, and much better grappling and submissions of his back than Hendo.

Not saying DC couldn't control Fedor, but damn it would be interesting. Clinch up I would give the advantage to DC, but Fedor on the outside is very dangerous also, he would be faster to the punch than DC, and if Fedor was on top, his GnP was better than DCs and he linked it up with sub attempts very well

DC is a damn monster though, and I favour him in the cage/unified against even a prime Fedor, his wrestling, strength, determination and boxing skills are undeniable

Fedor in the ring/full pride rules, I'd take prime Fedor

Yeah Fedor was an animal, I just can't see him or really anyone for that matter taking DC down he's built like a fire hydrant, and I think DC is hugely improving his jj and ground control and will only continue to get better.

Before the fight tonight people were dismissing DC. I remember a bunch of idiots saying Hendo by H-bomb, that's probably the butthurts hoping it lands.

DC is the uncrowned champion.

Yeah Fedor was an animal, I just can't see him or really anyone for that matter taking DC down he's built like a fire hydrant, and I think DC is hugely improving his jj and ground control and will only continue to get better.

if Fedor-DC fought without timelimit though Fedor would eventually submit Cormier from the bottom.

Fedor = better striking
Fedor = better submissions

Cormier = better wrestling

Wrestling is great for point fighting though.

2009 is the last year I'd say Fedor was in his prime.

If he fought Henderson, Silva or Werdum prior to that, he would have beat them all, easily I might add.

LOL funny man. Let's analyze your comment shall we?

Werdum- What difference would it have made if Pre 2009 Prime Fedor had fought him? Fedor has always been ballsy to take major risks as evidenced by his Nogueira fights. HE most likely would have jumped into Werdum's guard and the same result would have happened. Werdum's BJJ is more than enough to tap any version of Fedor prime or not. If Fedor was ballsy enough to do this in 2009, why would previous younger, stronger and more athletic version of him not do the same?

Bigfoot- Fedor was losing this fight everywhere both standing and on the ground. He also lacked the ability to threaten from his guard when he was taken to the mat. Unlike Hong Man Choi, BF is not just a large man but a well trained grappler. You can argue that Fedor was slower when they fought and a younger version of him would have been quicker but that's not enough evidence to suggest that he would have avoided the grappling/GNP clinic that BF inflicted on him. And that was where he lost the fight. Again, a pre 2009 Fedor wouldn't have much of a difference.

Hendo- THis one I'm willing to concede. Hendo won via flash KO but the fight was evenly matched before he landed his bomb. The younger versions of themselves would have made for an interesting match but in no way would Fedor have beaten easily.

if Fedor-DC fought without timelimit though Fedor would eventually submit Cormier from the bottom..

Yeah and if MMA allowed pistols, the man who draws/shoots first would win via murder.

Guns are not allowed in this sport and there are in fact time limits so let's avoid making up rules to favor your picks shall we?

Bigfoot- Fedor was losing this fight everywhere both standing and on the ground.
Fedor won the first round according to pretty much every MMA site (sherdog, bloody elbow, MMA weekly). You fucking dumbass. Fedor didn't start losing until Bigfoot secured top control. And everyone loses against a Bigfoot in top control. Mark Hunt was stuck underneath Big Foot for the remainder of one round too in their fight. The man is just too fucking big to have sitting on top of you.

Fedor might've lost the Werdum fight, but he would've won the rematch easily upon realizing not to mess with him on the ground.

Yeah and if MMA allowed pistols, the man who draws/shoots first would win via murder.

Guns are not allowed in this sport and there are in fact time limits so let's avoid making up rules to favor your picks shall we?

I said nothing about guns.

Fedor is the better fighter. Period. Cormier is the better point fighter. Cormier could probably outpoint any other fighter in the world right now. I expect him to outpoint Jones too.

I know Hendo isn't particularly slick off of his back but DC showed and extremely impressive ground game tonight, it would be more than enough to control Fedor. He also could take Fedor down at will, Fedor liked to clinch and that would be an awful idea against DC, there would be some highlight reel slams.

Kind of agree. Randleman landed one of the biggest slams of all time on Fedor, but Randleman couldn't defend a sub to save his life. DC on top would be very, very bad news for Fedor.

I do think it would be very competitive though.

LOL throwing tantrums now are we?

Fedor won the first round according to pretty much every MMA site (sherdog, bloody elbow, MMA weekly). You fucking dumbass. Fedor didn't start losing until Bigfoot secured top control. And everyone loses against a Bigfoot in top control. Mark Hunt was stuck underneath Big Foot for the remainder of one round too in their fight. The man is just too fucking big to have sitting on top of you.

A. Even if Fedor did win the first round, so what? HE lost the last two which means he would have lost the fight. It doesn't take a genius math expert to figure that one out.
B. BF also outstruck him standing as well. If you rewatch the fight, BF landed a nasty bomb of a right that pushed him back and him reluctant to press forward. It was afterwards that BF was able to take him down and impose his will which brings me to my next point.
C. You inadvertently agree with me. The main reason Fedor lost was because he had no answer against BF's top control.

Fedor might've lost the Werdum fight, but he would've won the rematch easily upon realizing not to mess with him on the ground.

Werdum moved onto bigger and more important things like fighting for a title.

I said nothing about guns.

THe reason I brought up the guns comment was to show you how pointless your comment was about unlimited time. MMA is a sport that has time limits. Arguing that Fedor would have subbed DC if they fought without time limits is as pointless as arguing who would win if guns were allowed. This is something those Gracie crybabies talk about "Well, if we had all the time in the world, we would eventually submit you." So what? You don't have all the time in the world so why don't you just shut the fuck up?

Fedor is the better fighter. Period. Cormier is the better point fighter. .

LOL you may as well say the same thing about Nick Diaz and GSP. So Diaz likes to bring it and GSP would rather play it safe. Who won in their encounter?

Cormier could probably outpoint any other fighter in the world right now. I expect him to outpoint Jones too.

Outpointing is still winning. Or are you crazy enough to suggest that only finishing counts as winning?

Depends where they fight... the ring or the wrestling cage

altf.gif

A. Even if Fedor did win the first round, so what? HE lost the last two which means he would have lost the fight.
No. He didn't lose the last two. He lost the second round. Then a squeemish female doctor stopped the fight prematurely. They were 1-1 in rounds.

You've demonstrated complete ignorance.

DC is an absolute monster and those guys caught Fedor at the end of his career. Not to mention they're both steroid users.

Back