DC Comic's The Sandman

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They should be working on a TV show or movie about this dude. I just started listening to the audiobook today and holy shit is it epic. After I finish it I am gonna try to catch up on his history but just from the first few chapters of the book, it is a better story than almost any other DC hero or villian I can think of.

Srs, the audio trailer makes me want a TV series by HBO Max. It be better than GOT

Get the collections.

The hype is real. Between the heavies like "Watchmen", "The Walking Dead", "Preacher", "Y: The Last Man", etc, "Sandman" stands above them all.

I've read Sandman so many times. I read somewhere they were working on a movie but I feel like to do it justice you need like a big budget HBO series or something.

There can be only one.
sandman.jpg

Nah I wouldn't trust any production company to do it justice. Look at lucifer. They managed to turn one fo the best comics into some hot gay trash.

The cast for Netflix show looks decent

I wonder who is gonna play Death.

Neil Gaiman's comics are excellent but I don't think it would great in a TV show.

Hm what happened to TS?

Anyone started watching g this yet?

IMO Its not bad, production values are quite high, when I saw it said Netflix the expectations were low. The show has its own atmosphere, the pacing is good and the story doesnt drag on like so many shows, the writing isnt obviously predictable and (too) formulaic, doesnt feel generic like most shows today. Im guessing the showrunner was left with a larger degree of authonomy than usual, letting him have his vision, not completely under studio's whip.

On the other hand, IMO anyway, there is some ocassional stuff that bothers. Like making classic, well known characters a different gender(and other ocassional "woke" stuff), some plot inconsistencies,one annoying character(though luckily not in every ep), or generally overly humanizing supernatural beings (im guessing thinking behind is that it makes them relatable?).

Last edited:
Smokes being banned is wrong
IMO Its not bad, production values are quite high, when I saw it said Netflix the expectations were low. The show has its own atmosphere, the pacing is good and the story doesnt drag on like so many shows, the writing isnt obviously predictable and (too) formulaic, doesnt feel generic like most shows today. Im guessing the showrunner was left with a larger degree of authonomy than usual, letting him have his vision, not completely under studio's whip.

On the other hand, IMO anyway, there is some ocassional stuff that bothers. Like making classic, well known characters a different gender(and other ocassional "woke" stuff), some plot inconsistencies,one(IMO) pretty annoying not well written character or generally overly humanizing supernatural beings (im guessing thinking behind is that it makes them relatable?).
I was trying to like it but they went so over the top woke it's IMO taken away alotvof what the show could of been.

Smokes being banned is wrong

I was trying to like it but they went so over the top woke it's IMO taken away alotvof what the show could of been.

Awweeeee shhiittttt nooooo......now im afraid to watch it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back