DC carried Silva to decision

Yes, he literally carried him!.

th

He rode him too!

th

It was a WWE work. Along Yoel, DC is the most accomplished wrestler in the UFC. Could not escape Silva "leg lock of doom". I think Yoel would finish Anderson inside one round. Roids or no Roids.

It was painfully obvious while watching the fight..
Anyone who thinks otherwise probably has never fought/trained..
He had full side control for years and mostly threw weak elbows to the flanks... hahaha
Not to mention that single leg sweep/take down when he still had Silva's ankle in round 2 that started the boos...
He loaded his righthand for a follow up "standing to GnP" power punch then held it back and went straight into side control hahah

You could be right. It looked like DC was coasting, to me. There is always a threat of getting rocked or KOed when you fight Silva, though, so he may have been taking it easy out of respect for his skills more than anything.

Obviously, it's all speculation.
I think If anything that's what it was. He was wary of making a mistake & losing against a guy who took the fight on 2 days notice. I will admit that under normal circumstances he prob would have done much better against anderson.

Dc just didn't have what it takes to finish Silva, nothing more.
So he did what wrestlers do to get a gift win.

It was very clear to every MMA fan who knows what he's watching. DC was holding back.

He did it for two reasons. The first reason is that Anderson Silva is a man who DC respects greatly and he was also thankful for Silva taking that fight on such a short notice.

But the more important reason is that DC knows that with Jon Jones gone there are literally no interesting fights at LHW left for him anymore and Anderson Silva rematch is his biggest money fight by far. He also knows that the only reason why the rematch would sell is because casuals think that the first fight was "close". They think Anderson has a chance to take the LHW title from Cormier with a full camp and the whole "Spider rises again" stuff would attract a lot of attention. This is similar to how Mayweather carried Oscar De La Hoya in their fight to keep the potential rematch interesting and marketable.

The fight game is all about money fights and everyone knows this by now.

To the trained eye of a hardcore MMA fan this fight was nothing more than a glorified sparring match. It was very obvious DC carried him. He even acted hurt by that pathetic body kick, it was ridiculous.

To the trained eye DC was rassling Silva to death while Silva has an awesome fucking half guard.

nobody is looking at the Rockhold angle. DC is friends with Luke, who wants to fight Anderson. If DC destroys Anderson, then does Luke even get a shot at him? and if he does, a win wouldn't be impressive since Silva would have just been smashed by DC. So maybe DC was saving Silva for his bro. Like Nate Diaz not wanting to fight Lawler or GSP, saying those fights are for Nick. DC knew that the Silva fight was for Luke, so he didn't want to do much besides outpoint him.

Back