DC cardio???

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Poseidon, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Poseidon

Poseidon Black Belt

Or lack of?

I'm sorry, but that is no athlete. I have full respect for him as a fighter but if you get told enough times that such and such fighter is an athlete, you start to believe it, until they start gassing minutes into a 5 round fight they've had months to prepare for.

When your tired, you cannot implement a game-plan because that needs gas. Bas Rutten is spot on about this, that there is too many fighters that gas during fights. It's not as if Jon was all over him, mounting him, or even that DC was trying balls to the wall for anything in particular.

How many times have we heard that he trains with Cain and how this only aids him greatly......not the cardio part then?????

2. Shoot Boxe Hero

Shoot Boxe Hero We are Rizin!

In DC's defense he said it was the body work by Jones that made him so tired. Specifically he said Jones blasted him with a good kick/knee in round 1 and after that all the other body shots just continued to sap him

3. Master Shonuff

Master Shonuff Purple Belt

DC is used to alpha-ing his opponents. It's never been said if DC keeps up with Cain or is his teaching while sparring with the HW champ

4. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

it's definitely not like cadio cain

5. CPH

CPH Let's party

Jones was gassed as hell too. Look at the strike totals in the last two rounds. You should try a BJJ class just once - it'll give you an appreciation of how tough any sort of grappling is, even clinch work.

6. berimBOWLoh

berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

Cain is a freak of nature with the pace and cardio he brings, he literally outpaces lots of LWs. just cuz DC trains with the guy doesnt mean he is gonna pick up his genetic gifts.

7. Master Shonuff

Master Shonuff Purple Belt

Needs to lose that blubber on his gut. Its holding him back

8. lelouch

lelouch Purple Belt

Jones worked his body. His cardio was affected by it. Its not that hard to understand.

9. jase0910

jase0910 Purple Belt

DC's cardio is no better or worse than it ever was, but it's worse now relative to his division. As the smaller, faster man at HW his cardio was better relative to the division.

10. Senor Pubes

Senor Pubes Bullets..my only weakness! How did you know?

Constant fighting from the clinch and taking shots also exponentially saps cardio, more so than circling outside and catching a breather. But with a foot-long reach disadvantage, it wasn't exactly a strategic option for him....

11. Poseidon

Poseidon Black Belt

Good answers. I just saw the post fight stuff and heard DC talk about the body shots, man, he looks devastated.

12. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

Cormier has good cardio and speed for the HW division. But it is not enough for the LHW division.

13. eternaldarkness

eternaldarkness Brown Belt

this is the truth. heavy body shots and big weight cuts drain you, no matter how fit. good damn i'm sick of people hanging shit on cormier, he lost to the better fighter on the night. get the fuck over it

14. mcdowels

mcdowels Brown Belt

Could be wrong, but I Think DC had a bad weight cut as well. He seemed A little drawn at the weigh in. That can sap your energy. Especially if your gameplan is the inside grind.

15. Gluhov

Gluhov Black Belt

They were both gassed. Only reason I'd pick Cain is because he'd be the fresher of the 2 in the championship rounds

16. My name is

My name is Shawn

His cardio is fine. Jones is just that good

17. MaTaLa

MaTaLa #ConorFold Double Yellow Card

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    It's because Jones was beating that ass not bad cardio. DC admitted and described as much

18. Hambone77**

Hambone77** Blue Belt

His cardio would be the same in my opinion. Its one thing for Cain to have great cardio when hes not recieving punishment. I think Jones has alot more offensivly than jds had, plus the fact that Cain never fight anymore who knows what kind of conditioning hed be in. Cain has never been in a war in the ufc.

19. jimbob27

jimbob27 Ken Shamrock Belt

Yup. Seems people have summed it up already.

It seems ridiculous for Cormier to come in with insufficient cardio. He was just put in situations he wasn't used to.

Big alpha wrestlers like Cormier are used to dominating people. Even if he had Cain maul him for 8 hours every day, Cain can't simulate how Jones fights. Cormier got back to his feet very well which I imagine was a result of his training with Cain.

He wasn't able to handle an 8 foot wrestler beating him in the clinch whilst throwing side-kicks because there's nobody he could train with who can simulate that.

I guess it's possible he had a bad weight cut, but you'd think he'd have done things sensibly considering the health problems he's had in the past from bad cuts.

20. llllll

llllll White Belt

i figured his cardio wasnt that great when he posted is treadmill stats on christmas. seeing 4 10 minute miles made me upset for a guy going into a huge fight vrs jones