DC cardio???

Poseidon

Black Belt
Reaction score
Or lack of?

I'm sorry, but that is no athlete. I have full respect for him as a fighter but if you get told enough times that such and such fighter is an athlete, you start to believe it, until they start gassing minutes into a 5 round fight they've had months to prepare for.

When your tired, you cannot implement a game-plan because that needs gas. Bas Rutten is spot on about this, that there is too many fighters that gas during fights. It's not as if Jon was all over him, mounting him, or even that DC was trying balls to the wall for anything in particular.

How many times have we heard that he trains with Cain and how this only aids him greatly......not the cardio part then?????

In DC's defense he said it was the body work by Jones that made him so tired. Specifically he said Jones blasted him with a good kick/knee in round 1 and after that all the other body shots just continued to sap him

DC is used to alpha-ing his opponents. It's never been said if DC keeps up with Cain or is his teaching while sparring with the HW champ

it's definitely not like cadio cain

Jones was gassed as hell too. Look at the strike totals in the last two rounds. You should try a BJJ class just once - it'll give you an appreciation of how tough any sort of grappling is, even clinch work.

Cain is a freak of nature with the pace and cardio he brings, he literally outpaces lots of LWs. just cuz DC trains with the guy doesnt mean he is gonna pick up his genetic gifts.

Needs to lose that blubber on his gut. Its holding him back

Jones worked his body. His cardio was affected by it. Its not that hard to understand.

DC's cardio is no better or worse than it ever was, but it's worse now relative to his division. As the smaller, faster man at HW his cardio was better relative to the division.

Constant fighting from the clinch and taking shots also exponentially saps cardio, more so than circling outside and catching a breather. But with a foot-long reach disadvantage, it wasn't exactly a strategic option for him....

Good answers. I just saw the post fight stuff and heard DC talk about the body shots, man, he looks devastated.

Cormier has good cardio and speed for the HW division. But it is not enough for the LHW division.

In DC's defense he said it was the body work by Jones that made him so tired. Specifically he said Jones blasted him with a good kick/knee in round 1 and after that all the other body shots just continued to sap him

this is the truth. heavy body shots and big weight cuts drain you, no matter how fit. good damn i'm sick of people hanging shit on cormier, he lost to the better fighter on the night. get the fuck over it

Could be wrong, but I Think DC had a bad weight cut as well. He seemed A little drawn at the weigh in. That can sap your energy. Especially if your gameplan is the inside grind.

They were both gassed. Only reason I'd pick Cain is because he'd be the fresher of the 2 in the championship rounds

It's because Jones was beating that ass not bad cardio. DC admitted and described as much

They were both gassed. Only reason I'd pick Cain is because he'd be the fresher of the 2 in the championship rounds

His cardio would be the same in my opinion. Its one thing for Cain to have great cardio when hes not recieving punishment. I think Jones has alot more offensivly than jds had, plus the fact that Cain never fight anymore who knows what kind of conditioning hed be in. Cain has never been in a war in the ufc.

Good answers. I just saw the post fight stuff and heard DC talk about the body shots, man, he looks devastated.

Yup. Seems people have summed it up already.

It seems ridiculous for Cormier to come in with insufficient cardio. He was just put in situations he wasn't used to.

Big alpha wrestlers like Cormier are used to dominating people. Even if he had Cain maul him for 8 hours every day, Cain can't simulate how Jones fights. Cormier got back to his feet very well which I imagine was a result of his training with Cain.

He wasn't able to handle an 8 foot wrestler beating him in the clinch whilst throwing side-kicks because there's nobody he could train with who can simulate that.

I guess it's possible he had a bad weight cut, but you'd think he'd have done things sensibly considering the health problems he's had in the past from bad cuts.

i figured his cardio wasnt that great when he posted is treadmill stats on christmas. seeing 4 10 minute miles made me upset for a guy going into a huge fight vrs jones

Back