DC and Cain

IcemanFan75

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Cain can make 205, but he seems like he could if he wanted to. I doubt it will happen, but I would like to see Cormier and Cain switch divisions. Here's why...

1. I think DC would have a good chance of being the champ at heavyweight

2. I think Cain would give Jones a hell of a fight, better than Cormier. In fact, I would even favor Cain slightly. Yes, DC has better wrestling credentials than Cain, but Cain uses his wrestling more effectively in MMA and has the cardio to push the pace all 5 rounds, which against Jones is important.

3. If Cain beats Werdum, he really doesn't have any more legit challengers at heavyweight, and will end up fighting JDS or Bigfoot again. For the fan's sake and the UFC's sake, having him move down to 205 and DC back up the heavyweight would shake up the heavyweight division again and make things interesting.

4. Jones basically has Gus rematch and Rumble left as legit contenders. It would be awesome to add Cain to the mix. Cain's style is a nightmare for anyone, and this could basically be billed as a super fight (champ vs. champ) as Cain would essentially still be champ.

Anyone else think this would be an overall improvement to both LHW and HW divisions and make for some great potential match ups?

The thing with DC is, he tried to fight Cain's fight without being Cain. He's not that guy that moves his head side to side, bites down on his mouth piece, and keeps coming. He does it in spots, then becomes cerebral, and catches his wind. In his heart, DC's not that guy. When he couldn't trap Jones against the cage, I knew it was gonna be a long night.

Cain's whole fighting style IS the way to beats Jones, and he has the cardio for it.

Cain is the champ, why would he switch divisions? Cain wants no part of that weight cut

I think If Jones beats Gus and Johnson than he comes up for super fight vs Cain. No way Cain goes down, no way!

If Cain beats Werdum, he really doesn't have any more legit challengers at heavyweight

No, obviously. Having beat 3 fighters in 4 years means there's no challengers left.

The thing with DC is, he tried to fight Cain's fight without being Cain. He's not that guy that moves his head side to side, bites down on his mouth piece, and keeps coming. He does it in spots, then becomes cerebral, and catches his wind. In his heart, DC's not that guy. When he couldn't trap Jones against the cage, I knew it was gonna be a long night.

Cain's whole fighting style IS the way to beats Jones, and he has the cardio for it.

Exactly. DC came nowhere near pulling off a "Cain" style fight. He was aggressive in spurts, but would then step back and reset. There will be people who say the Cain gameplan didn't work against Jones, but the truth is nobody has properly executed it yet, and honestly, nobody really can other than Cain. I don't know if Cain would win, but i'd love to see that fight.

Also, I realize Cain will probably never drop down, but I think it really would be good for the UFC, fans, etc.

Cain won't be dropping to 205 unless he gets ko'd a couple times in highlight reel fashion, I tend to think he likes eating too much to attempt to make the cut too.

Exactly. DC came nowhere near pulling off a "Cain" style fight. He was aggressive in spurts, but would then step back and reset. There will be people who say the Cain gameplan didn't work against Jones, but the truth is nobody has properly executed it yet, and honestly, nobody really can other than Cain. I don't know if Cain would win, but i'd love to see that fight.

Also, I realize Cain will probably never drop down, but I think it really would be good for the UFC, fans, etc.

After last night, there's no doubt in my mind that Cain beats Jones. Jones doesn't have the cardio for Cain. Especially if it's at HW, and Jones is carrying around more muscle, and lbs.

Cain won't be dropping to 205 unless he gets ko'd a couple times in highlight reel fashion, I tend to think he likes eating too much to attempt to make the cut too.

and even if that happens a few times in a row it will be at least 2 years since cain barely ever fights.

DC is an incredible fighter, but you described him perfectly. He doesn't keep coming like Cain. The rediculous thing is that people keep trying to say DC is just like Cain, no he is not lol He doesn't have the panther-like reflexes or killer instinct that Cain has.

You know the interesting thing about all this? DC said before he moved to LHW that he wanted to be like Cain, getting in a guys face the whole fight because he coudln't do it at HW, but felt he could do it at LHW. He still can't do what Cain does and that costed him this fight with Jon Jones. He said in a video interview he wanted to be "mini Cain", it was funny.

Back